What's new

Silent Hill 3 Discussion Part II (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Since the other thread was closed for many reasons, I figured I would start a new one that concentrates on THE GAME!;) How far along is everyone and how are you liking it?

As for me,I just got Heather home. I LOVE this game. It just oozes atmosphere and surreal creepiness.

Let's try and keep this thread civil guys. :b

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I certainly hope that Konami makes an Xbox port simply because I want this in 5.1!

The difference in Fatal Frame was enough to make me hold out.

From what I've seen of the game, the graphics certainly look killer so I can't imagine much of an improvement on the Xbox. Sound-wise...I just hafta wait for it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Rick

Ya know what's funny? I saw that you were the last person to post to this thread and I was going to ask you how little Tino was doing. Ya beat me to it.;)

Great pictures Rick. Little Tino has a lot more hair than Big Tino, that's for sure.

All the best.:)

As for SH3, are there any plans for a SH4? I would also love a remake of SH1.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm on the subway and the game is really good. They just throw you into it, none of the walking through the woods and streets from SH2.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Right now it is for PS2 only. Wouldn't be surprised to see it console hopping by Xmas though, more $$$ is always welcomed.

Sean*O

Second Unit
PC version is coming in October I believe. It was up on the ebworld site, but it has been removed. I wonder if it is because of a delay, or if it was done so as not to discourage people from buying the PS2 version.

If you have a powerful PC system it will most likely be much nicer than the PS2, or X-box version.

StanP

Auditioning
This game is genuinely creepy and intense. I was extremely happy with the overall experience, which is all too uncommon with videogames these days.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just arrived at the hotel in Silent Hill. Wow, this game is good.

The one part with the mannequin screaming and falling apart actually made me jump.

Wow, is this game's story f-ed up or what.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Do you need to play the previous Silent Hills to appreciate the new one?

Hmmm. I don't recall the original Silent Hill for the Xbox. Is there?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you played SH1, then you'll understand more of the plot and recognize things sooner in SH3.

If you played SH2, then you'll see references to SH2 in SH3, but nothing special that will really affect the overall experience.

Also, the plot of SH1 is explained very briefly in SH3 once you get to about the midpoint of the game.

I just finished the hospital earlier today. Man, was that scary. The best was the one room in the "hell" version where...

you look at the mirror, then the reflection of Heather starts to bleed and look like she's dying, then the reflection stops moving and the floor and walls get covered with blood.

I actually squealed at that part. It was so cool.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Small question for those that have solved the game about the Mall, will place in spoiler text:

I'm in the mall and have found the bleach in the bathroom. I can't figure out where to go next, there aren't any open doors that I've found and creatures everywhere. I looked at an FAQ and they said go to the clothes shop, but where is that? Can someone direct me from the bathroom to the clothes shop? I know it's right there somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks