Silent Hill 2 Xbox graphics/gameplay question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Reckelhoff, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

I've read the review thread and saw a few people commenting on the excellent graphics for Silent Hill 2. I have to say I'm confused...
    I haven't played more than 30 minutes of the game so far, and I'm not sure I'll play it again. The entire game is covered in fog? Is this true? It seems like a really artificial device/cop-out for the graphics and atmosphere.
    Granted, I haven't played much, and I also never played the first Silent Hill. Basically, I'd like to know if this is all there is to it. Anyone care to persuade me to give it another chance? So far the heavy fog has just irritated me every time I start playing[​IMG]

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

i love the sound monsters make when you beat them over the head with a wooden plank or bat.

4. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Kevin, don't forget that in the Xbox version, you can turn off the film grain effect. Personally, I like it on, but you may find this makes the fog less bothersome. Don't give up on the game just yet, it really is worth playing through all the way at least once.

Gary

5. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

Ok, thanks for the encouragement--we played last night for a couple hours and actually started advancing the plot. I still detest the fog [​IMG] but I can see that the gameplay is worth looking past it.

6. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    I know the grain effect was for atmosphere and all, but I found I liked it better with it off. I found that I could enjoy the graphics much more and it really didn't seem to affect the atmosphere, IMO.

Aaron

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron