What's new

Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams(X-box) impressions... (1 Viewer)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Jay change the controls to 2d in the options. That should make things a lot easier to move around in. I had the same problem at first.

Dean

DavidAM

Second Unit
Thanks for the review about this. I went buy it yesterday and love this game so far. I just started (in the first hotel). The graphics look great and it sounds awesome in surround.
I am kinda stuck on the clock in the hotel though. I've found everything I can (I think) in the hotel but I can't move the damn clock. I spin the clock arms around and around but I still can't push it out of the way. Is there a blue power bracelet I need to find first or something? :D How do I finish this hotel cause I can't get out of the front gate till I do!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
David, you need to get the clock key which allows you to spin the clock arms..from there set the clock arms to 9:10
Once you hear the click this will allow you to move the clock. The 9:10 solution can be figured out by reading the book on the table and looking at the wall plaque with three hands. Hope this helps:)

DavidAM

Second Unit
Thanks. Well I have the key already and I spun the arms around but I never heard a click. I'll try setting it to 9:10 and see if that works. Thanks again.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Another hint, if you look at the wall that the clock faces, you'll see some writing on it, I forget the exact names but they're like:
Hxxxx
Mxxxx
Sxxxx
And there's a clue in the other room saying that Sxxxx is not really 3 but 15
Here's the reasoning behind it, at least from my point of view:
DO NOT look if you don't want to know
H is for hours, M is the minutes, and S is the seconds, if you look at the time the clock is initially set, it's something like 7:18:15 so the second hand is represented by Sxxxx and is at 15 seconds so the only clue is to figure out the Minutes and Hours. Of course, you can't move the second hand anyway so that is kind of moot. If you also look at the names on the wall, you'll see lines near them, that is the answer as to how 9:10 is calculated
I'm just past that point onto the first floor of that apartment complex since you notice that the whole first floor is locked until after the clock puzzle is solved and some more things occur. Unfortunately, I've been to busy playing HALO right now...
Jay

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Ok Romier..If you read this - I'd like for you to elaborate on Maria's quest. ( or at least discuss it ).

I just finished it, & it was just strange. You learn something about Maria, but like you said in an earlier posting, the story just abruptly ends.

What's worse - I looked around on the web, as well as a few msg boards, & I couldn't find anyone talking about this.

So any thoughts??

Calvin

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Calvin I could really into this for you but thankfully someone already has:D.
There is an excellent plot analysis at the following site:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...ill_2_plot.txt
If you search the doc for "Maria's Adventure", you can read the section that thoroughly goes into the meaning behind Maria's scenario. Its close to what I came up with and it adds some interesting information to the overall story.
Give it a read and tell me what you think...

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This still isnt out for X-box in the UK yet.... Ugh. It's branded Silent Hill X here and doesn't come out until November 15th...

Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
This still isnt out for X-box in the UK yet.... Ugh. It's branded Silent Hill X here and doesn't come out until November 15th...
Geez Dan, you should have told me. We could have worked something out. I dont know if you have an American PS2 or Xbox but I would have shipped you my PS2 version of the game without hesitation for a small price(like 10 bucks or something)...

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Yes, Dan you must speak up of these things!
(especially if your systems can play US software).
Romier,you know,I didn't figure on looking in the PS2 guides for a synopsis of the Xbox version. Silly me.
Well,as for the ending - at least I wasn't missing any deeper plot or meaning to her story. Man,she is just sad...
Anyways,now I have to play the main quest.
Again.
But it's sooo detailed on the big ole' Box :D
that I don't mind.
Thanks!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'd curious to mod my X-box for US software, firstly because some titles street earlier, but also because games are a darn sight cheaper in the US. I'd rather not go for a mod chip that allows for pirate backups and what have you though as I don't approve of that. How possible it is these days for a mod chip to just allow imports however, I am not sure...

My PS2 is PAL only, but I am ok with that (much to my own surprise).

Dan

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, have you tried Silent Hill 2 for the PS2? I found the PAL conversion to have a few annoyances. For example, the cutscenes were choppy (probably because Konami never bothered to rerender them for PAL playback).

I wonder if this will be rectified for the European X-Box version of the game.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Allan,

I've not tried the PS2 incarnation, no. If a game is available to me across the three platforms I will usualy go for what I think will be the best version, which in Silent Hill's case would be the X-Box version.

Dan

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering, since you mentioned that you owned a PAL-only PS2. The issues from the PAL release of SH2 might be apparent in the X-Box version as well. Dropped frames annoy the p*ss out of me, at any rate.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Well hopefully the PAL X-box Version will like the consoles 60hz support. Given it's taking so long, I bloody well hope it's a solid conversion.

Dan

Richard_c

Agent
I have the US version, only just started playing it( moshed my 1st beastie:D )its bloody creepy already. Only cost £14.99 2nd hand in a local computer shop, BARGAIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks