What's new

Silent Hill 2 Help!!!!!!!!!(I'm stuck!) (2 Viewers)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
The areas of the game just keep on getting scarier. I am now in the Spoiler:Underground Jailhouseand its just freaking my shit out!
Oh and for those of you who have discovered the love of the shotgun, man it kick ass!
The worst thing about this title is that it has 5 different endings from what I have heard, damn I hate games that do that, but oh well this is the first game in a long time that I have actually taken time out to play.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Aren't there multiple endings? I have an issue of PSM that has a mini-guide to SH2 (and Devil May Cry) and theres more than one ending.
Sorry, I didn't see the post above me. Forget about my post.
[Edited last by Morgan Jolley on September 30, 2001 at 10:14 AM]

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
where do you find the code for the room with the bugs at the hist. society?
------------------
Chuck
http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I guessed it. Only use the yellowish colored buttons. I wanna say the password was 0#2, but I haven't been there in a while. That part pissed me off more than anything until now.
I just got the wire cutters and opened the path that was blocked by wires, now what????? I am trying to Spoiler:free Maria locked in the jail cell. I need help so bad as I have been really doing nothing but running around in circles all morning long.
[Edited last by Kelley_B on September 30, 2001 at 11:25 AM]

Richard_T

Second Unit
Help! I finally figured out the coin puzzle and got the key for the stairwell but when I open the door there's some kind of monster that I just can't kill! I tried my stick with the nail and my hand gun (which is all I have besides my knife which he won't use as a weapon for some unknown reason!) but I can't even dent him! Can anyone help me out??
confused.gif

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
stuck in the jail...what to do? i put the 3 tablets in and got the horseshoe, what now?
------------------
Chuck

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
richard, you cant use the gun, you just have to lure it into the water pit
------------------
Chuck

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Well, I beat the game last night. What a damn good game! I don't think it was as freaky as the first one, but maybe that was just because I knew ahead of time what to expect. Easily one of the best PS2 games of the year though.
One question though about the ranking at the end. I have a feeling that I missed a lot of the game. I can't remember off the top of my head what the category was, but the number I got was 1/4 (completed?). If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you let me know what this means? If it means that I left 3/4 of the game unfinished, then I'll be really pissed off!
Oh well, time to play the game on Hard with puzzles set to hard now. Wish me luck :)
Andrew

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
keep takin swings at the garbage head monnster until he finally falls into the water
------------------
Chuck

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Tino,
I beat the game on the normal difficulty settings and I received the "Leave" (supposedly the best ending) ending. I ended up with about 11 hours on the clock. If you are in the Hospital you still got a good ways to go to finally beat the game. I would say you still have a good 6-7 hours of game left.
Andy, the 1/4 means you have only gotten the 1st of 4 endings that are available in the game. That along with a secret bonus 5th ending. So dont be dissapointed. You didn't miss anything in the game, you'll just have to replay it to get the other endings. Also I found this one to be 100X creepier than the first game but that is just MHO.
For further info on the ending I received read my discussion thread. I pretty much got as in depth as I possible could so make sure you guys who have beat the game give it a read. Theres allot to talk about in this game.
Now for couple of answers for you guys.
**********************PUZZLE SPOILERS AHEAD***************
The roach puzzle (the room that fills with roaches) the code is a combination of the 2-3 lit numbers that ar on the pad, there is not set answer you have to continue to try different combinations of the numbers to get out that room.
The underground labyrinth. The labyrinth where Maria's cell is is toward the end of the labyrinth. There is no set guide to follow to get out of this area. Most of everything is pretty straight forward. Once you have used the wire cutters go down those stairs and just follow this right to the next ladder leading up and so forth and so on. You will eventually reach Maria (Get ready for some shit!) and also have some very plot revealing words with Angela.
First Pyramid head boss fight. To avoid getting damage and get out of this fight pretty much unscathed equip your gun. Aim at pyramid head and fire. You will head a loud thud on the top of its head if you hit. Strafe around the room avoiding the BIG ass knife and continue firing until he finally turns around and leaves through the watter pit on his own. DO NOT CONTINUE SHOOTING ONCE HE TURNS AROUND AND DO NOT FOLLOW HIM!! If you do he will turn around and rip you a new asshole!! I have been through this scenario several times and this is how to get out of it the quickest and easiest way.
The Horseshoe puzzle. Once you have acquired the horse shoe you will need to make your way to the left hand side of the map. You will find several rooms with items in them and you will also find a trap door on the floor that does not have a handle. Make sure you go the furthest to the left that you can get on the map and you will find the door. You will need to combine the wax doll, the lighter and the horseshoe to make a makeshift handle. This will allow you to further descend in to Pyramid heads lair.
Hope this helps.
[Edited last by Romier S on September 30, 2001 at 02:10 PM]
[Edited last by Romier S on September 30, 2001 at 02:13 PM]
[Edited last by Romier S on September 30, 2001 at 02:14 PM]
[Edited last by Romier S on September 30, 2001 at 02:16 PM]

James St

Supporting Actor
Are you talking about the pyramid monster in the staircase of the apartment building? I didn't fire a single shot and just avoided him. After a few minutes he left on his own. This was right before you leave the apartments.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
James if that worked for you, Great! :) I didnt try that when I played, I simply shot him until he went down into the pool himself. I dont know if this effects the ending at all though. The game will look at allot of the actions you perform during the game to give you the final ending so, again I'm not sure if how you handle this situation will effect the ending at all thoough.
[Edited last by Romier S on September 30, 2001 at 09:28 PM]

JeffreyH

Stunt Coordinator
I hit that Pyramid head with the pipe until he left, that way you don't lose any bullets. I think that's it's all a time thing anyway. Like mentioned above just avoid him and he leaves when the air raid siren starts.
I had that thought when fighting the two pyramid heads later on. I bet if you just avoid them for a set amount of time you'll be alright.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You actually never have to fight any of the Pyramid Heads, just avoid them and they all will leave on their own eventually.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I would mention that you can make the controls more like Mario 64 and not like Resident Evil in the options menu by making it 2-D instead of 3-D.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Personally, since I've started playing on the Atari 2600, up until this twisted game, I've never experienced more fucked up psychotic shit than I have in this game, down beneath the surface of the lake.
....just the fact that you had to keep going further and further down, and the scenery just kept getting worse and worse....it was very depressing.
....I loved it....
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks