What's new

Silence of the lambs: CC cover? (1 Viewer)

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
Why did Criterion release this edition with two different covers? Strange considering the editions have entirely the same bonus materials, sound mix etc. Personally i find the "Anthony Hopkins cover" to be more suitable for the movie. Are there any other CC releases with two different covers?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure there was only one cover for the Criterion version. You may have seen a bootleg Criterion version.

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
That's just great i just won an auction with the "bootleg cover". Should have known it since it was a real bargain. The seller said it was a "very rare cover".:angry:

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
the "sticker" on the cover that says "DVD9" is a bit of a giveaway, that or something similar appears to be endemic of pirate copies, to tell buyers that it's a dual-layer disc and not single layer, which would say "DVD5". sort-of to impress you with the quality. so avoid these like the plague.

Chad C

Auditioning
I won Fast Times at Ridgemont High Criterion at ebay last month and just noticed there are some similarities between the cover art of this one and Silence of the Lambs, I hope I didn't get a bootleg!
FastTimesCriterion188.jpg

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I won Fast Times at Ridgemont High Criterion at ebay last month and just noticed there are some similarities between the cover art of this one and Silence of the Lambs, I hope I didn't get a bootleg!
I think it is a bootleg, as this movie is not available through Criterion (as far as I know)! You can always check the Criterion Official Homepage, choose 'browse the collection', and you can see every dvd that they have released, including OOP's. Cover scans are also available!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The seller in the e-bay links above should be reported to Criterion. He also sold Star Wars bootleg DVD's.

/Mike

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Oh no! I sure hope my Criterion Collection: Dude, Where's My Car? DVD is legit...I got it off ebay a few weeks ago.
Link Removed
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks