Significant "ringing" on Sony KDP-65XBR2. Anyone else??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Emery, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Mike Emery

Mike Emery Auditioning

I just finished evaluating a KDP-65XBR2 at the local B&M. While lighting conditions were a bit harsh, I tried to set up as good a compromise as possible.
    My main objectives were to determine if the XBR2 suffers from the same "banding" and other technical flaws as the XBR10W and HS10 series sets from last year. As far as I can tell, they do not!
    However, using my own player (JVC 65 progressive) and component cables (which work perfectly fine on my XBR10W...) I found significant "ringing," that is, dim false edges repeating to the right side of vertical transitions. This "ringing" was not at all evident on my current XBR10W using the same source equipment. Thinking my cable might have been damaged, I asked for another... no difference. We switched out to a Denon 2800 player... no difference.
    The problem was evident on both video 5 and video 6 inputs.
    Is the ringing isolated to this unit, or is any other 65XBR2 owner seeing it?

2. John Giddens

John Giddens Stunt Coordinator

I just got one last week and I'll be happy to check, but I'm not sure what you looking for. Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject. If you'll give me more details as to what to look for and where I'll give it a shot.