What's new

Signed up for teh free month of HuluPlus as an Xbox Live Gold customer... I don't get it. (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I went out there thought I'd see what was available. I don't get it. Was just searching for movies, either new or fairly new releases. Can't find anything but trailers, excerpts, and documentaries, few in HD, for any that I've searched for. Avatar, Transformers, Zombieland, The Hangover, none of which are new. I dont' get it. Am I missing something here?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yeah, what you're missing is the real benefit of Hulu+... current TV shows.

From hulu.com/plus:

This season's hit shows, classic series, and legendary movies.

You'll notice it doesn't say anything about the latest movies.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I see. I did take advantage. I started watching a series called Rookie Blue that I missed last summer, and was stunned at how much better the picture looked on it than the Amazon VOD HD movies that I had tried to watch.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I had a free trial of Hulu Plus on my Vizio TV- cancelled it right away because it overlays network logos over most of the current shows (they're not on the actual video, someone's actually overlaying them, and if you use Hulu Desktop on a computer you can get rid of them) plus I don't pay to watch commercials and PSAs ad nauseum.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got the free Hulu Plus one month subscription when I bought my Roku, and was completely disappointed. I had two complaints:

- the amount of commercial interrupts were insane. I wouldn't mind if there was one at the beginning of the episode and one at the end, but it wasn't much better than watching live TV. For a paid service I don't want to see that kind of advertising; if it was free, sure, but I'm not paying extra to watch commercials

- the content restrictions were ridiculous. What I mean is, there are quite a few shows that were available on Hulu Plus if you watched on your computer, but that were blocked from being streamed to a Roku or similar device. As an example, Fringe was one of those shows. I just feel like if I've signed up for the service, it shouldn't matter in the slightest what device I'm viewing the content on. I just kept seeing that notice far too often. If I'm gonna watch TV on my laptop, I'll settle for the free version of Hulu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks