What's new

signal loss question (1 Viewer)

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I have a Kenwood THX receiver, a 48" HDTV Mitsubishi, and a Pioneer progressive DVD player.

When it comes to signal loss, is it better to go straight from the DVD player to the TV whenever possible when using component cables? Or is it better run the cables through the receiver, then an other set of cables to the TV? I have multiple component signals that I want to have hooked up at all times, so I'm leaning towards the latter option since the receiver has multiple component inputs.

Just wondering what you guys think.

Chris VW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I have seen this question posted before and I was curious about the same thing. I have a 57" Toshiba HDTV, a Denon 3805 and a Denon 2900 DVD player. I ran a component cable from my DVD player to the TV and compared it to one going to the reciever then to the TV about 2 months ago. I could see no difference in the quality.I also ran my direct tv box directly to the TV and compared through the reciever. Also no difference that I could see. I hooked up everything through the reciever for the convienence of one component cable to the TV and I don't have to switch inputs on my TV when I switch. On other posts I've seen people say that to get the best picture quality you have to run directly to the TV. I could see no difference. Hope this helps.

Chris V

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As long as the receiver has enough bandwidth for HD/progressive signal on it's component connection, there should be little or no degradation.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Cool, thanks guys! I hooked my DVD player and my Xbox through my receiver and ran one set of cables to my TV. I popped in a dvd and it seemed a hair blurry and just a little darker, but it could have been my mind playing tricks on me.

Chris VW

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

Anytime I change anything in my system I recalibrate with my Home Video Essentials or Avia disc. That can make any small differences disappear.

out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks