What's new

signal interrupted? (1 Viewer)

FrankLambert

Auditioning
Real Name
Franklin Lambert
newbie here and not too tech savvy..so any help would be appreciated. i apologize if this question has been asked and answered before..I searched and found nothing so here it goes.

I have a Sony Blu ray bd250 and it is connected to my 42'' Lcd tv and when I watch a dvd or blue ray, there are times where the movie will stop and the tv screen reads no signal or something along those lines and then a few seconds later it will go 'snowy' then the movie will resume..this can happen a few times during the play time..also 'white flashes' 'lightening' something will flash intermittently as well,,,not sure if related but it really diminishes my viewing pleasure...is it my HDMI cables inadequate? need a better surge protector? i am lost and beg for some advice..i feel desperate

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
This sounds like a connectivity issue. First, check and clean the connections on both ends and ensure that the cable is inserted all the way. If that does not resolve the problem, replace the cable. If that fails, take a look at the equipment itself (either player or TV is having issues). Also, how long is your current HDMI cable? Long runs of thin gauge HDMI cable are known to have connection issues. If the run is under 20ft then get a well constructed cable from Markertek. If the run is over 20ft then consider a thicker HDMI cable (Bluejeanscable.com has the 'series 1' HDMI cable for example). Do NOT get Monster or other high-priced cable... the bits either get there or they don't (as you've already seen!).

FrankLambert

Auditioning
Real Name
Franklin Lambert
Thanks...The cable is connected and I have no problems with TV or player per say..i think ..after some research today that maybe my HDMI is not compatible with Sony Blu ray..not up to need of 6.68Gbps per the blu ray manual..my HDMI is like 2 years old cheapee from walmart...you think thats it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks