What's new

Signal Cables any good? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of ordering a S-Video and analog audio cable from http://www.signalcable.com Their prices are noticeably cheaper than cables from Bettercables or CATcables as well as other high end cable companies. I'm wondering though if anyone has any opinions about the quality of them. Particularly how they compare in both build and video/audio quality to comparable cables from Bettercables, CATcables and other high end cable companies. I appreciate any help.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
While I'm sure their build quality is first rate.

The analog cables they sell appear to be Canare GS-6 cable with Canare RCA (solder type) connectors. Nothing special and IMO bettered by numerous on-line cable makers products. If my memory serves me correctly Bettercables used to sell this stuff as their audio cables way back when. There should still be lots of on-line reviews available.

Unless I'm blind I did not see any S-video cables on their web site?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well at least Signal doesn't gouge people as badly as a variety of other sites.
the resistance spec on the interconects is meaningless. capacitance, which i take it is for a 2 foot length, is typical. you may also find that www.partsexpress.com can provide something quite similar for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost, less s/h and with good build quality also. yeah it doesn't have the marquee name but often it doesn't need to.
mark and I don't always see eye to eye on things, but if you're looking to over-spec your cables, he won't be steering you to ridiculously overpriced stuff.
we all buy for a variety of reasons, and even us scientific types will often overspec...sometimes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks