What's new

Sign My Petition For Roseanne On Dvd/vhs!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Alex BET

Auditioning
Hello. I REALLY want Roseanne on DVD/VHS. I have even emailed Carsey-Werner 9 times.

Sign my petition by sending your name (and a comment if you want) to my email address: [email protected]
I will compile the names into a petition and send it to Carsey Werner as many times as it takes!!!

PLEASE HELP OUT WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!
;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ok, a couple things here.

Signing a petition isn't going to make this come out any faster. Its not that they are holding this show back from a DVD release or anything. They're just in negotiations with various companies to produce and distribute their titles on DVD. When that results in something, I'm sure Rosanne will be one of those shows that gets a high priority from the company that wins the rights to all of those shows that C/W owns.

Secondly, internet petitions are really problematic anyway. In the first place how does the studio know that all of the names you compiled are real and not just names you came up with? They don't take these things seriously, or rather I guess hardly ever take them seriously.

Just be patient I'm sure this show will hit DVD someday, and Rosanne herself has been quoted as saying that she'd love to work on the project.

You're just going to have to wait until a distribution deal is reached and that could take some time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Perhaps you should stop before their lawyer sends you a cease-and-desist letter, or they have you arrested and questioned for stalking and harassment. ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good points, Casey and Malcolm.

Alex, as much as you want it on DVD, Roseanne herself wants it more, as I wrote up about earlier this year. She might have a bit more pull with the folks at Carsey-Werner than you do! :wink:

Feel free to do your petition, but also go ahead and vote for the show at TVShowsOnDVD, if noone minds me saying so. A few more votes won't hurt, but it's already massively popular and the 25th-most-wanted unreleased item in our voting (which IS controlled to be as unique as possible, and duplicate votes are routinely identified and eliminated).

However, CW knows that this is in demand. They're working on getting things released, believe me!

LizH

Second Unit
Question:

Do the studios really SEE the rankings?

(And yes, I know my beloved Birds are at #27. :wink: )

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Any registered user may see the ranking of a show they have voted for, without Gord or I knowing about it.

Some studios have asked about rankings, or other input from us, and we always tell them everything we know. Sometimes it comes up directly, other times by happenstance.

As an example of the latter: recently a reader asked me to forward to a particular company a request to put out The Perry Como Show on DVD. Within the past couple of days I happened to be exchanging e-mails with a VP at that company, and passed on her request in the course of that conversation. But, I had to admit that the show only has a handful of votes at our site, and that its ranking was near the bottom. However, I also pointed out that fans of that particular show might not be tech-savvy, or aware of our site, so the VP's company might want to use other indicators as to whether or not it can be sold at a profit.

Minor example, but you get the point. We have good relationships with most companies. If I do say so myself, we are now a fairly well-established site with a good reputation, and we're generally trusted about as much as a site of our nature can be. Gord works very hard to maintain that profile, and I support him every way possible. Not to say we don't make mistakes! We're human, after all. :)

But yeah, we're satisfied that generally the studios see the numbers and take them into account (in the proper perspective) as a sample of interest in a property. Maybe I'm just fooling myself, though, I dunno. I could be delusional. :laugh:

StacyV

Second Unit

Uh, could you tell whoever owns the rights to The White Shadow that the numbers are actually much better than they appear to be on the site?...please...pretty please...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Stacy, what would I base that assertion on?

It's no good if we fib; then we lose all credibility and the studios stop listening to us at all. I won't claim that they exactly "listen" to us now, either...we certainly aren't the biggest factor in any decisions they make! Hopefully, though, a factor. Another voice, or rather an organized place for the voices of the fans to be heard.

Okay, enough about TSoD...let's change the subject. I'm honestly not here to advertise the site. I'm here to talk about DVDs, which I've loved long before Gord wrote any code. ;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, given the number of happy naked dances you've done at HTF over the years you might be dilusional but not necessarily on this topic.

I actually think that one of the benefits or bonuses of TVShowsOnDVD.com is that you guys are realistic. From reading and discussing things with both you and Gord, I've gotten the sense in my own mind that you guys have a pretty good idea of how much influence your site and the internet in general can and does have. Its just that often I see people extolling the virtues of internet voting and petitions and stuff, and yet I remember a few posts from Gord talking about why internet numbers are not a guaranteed regulator of success.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for saying that clearly. I thought so, but it was open to interpretation by the entire group of readers, and I just wanted to be clear that we weren't gonna do that. And if I was, it would be for Quark! It's ranked 492nd among unreleased shows... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks