sigh, the next set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chih Jieh Chang, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Chih Jieh Chang

Way too early to buy new speakers (just got these 2 months ago), but I was just wondering what brand/line of speakers is the next step up? Keyword is step, not leaping 3 stories or anything here [​IMG]....I spent about $1700 for the speakers and receiver, so maybe $2000-$3000 for my next set?
    Speakers: All Energy: Connoiseur, C-1 bookshelfs, CC-1 center, Take2.2 for rears, S8 for subwoofer (in an apt, no point in getting a monster one for a while)
    denon 1602 receiver
    I've seen posts about b&w, paradigm and the such.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

well they'll certainly sound different, but rather than suggest brands (and those are fine brands as are others) why not take this time to visit various audio places and listen to speakers in that price range? I take it you'll primarily be concerned with HT applications. Even Martin Logans suggest themselves as possible alternatives. Whatever you do, leave your credit cards home!

3. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I would recommend looking at Klipsch Reference. I was listening to a pair of 1900 dollar mission speakers and they didn't sound any near as clear or responsive as my Klipsch RF3s. Sure they looked more expensive but they didn't sound any better at all.