What's new

Sidney Poitier titles available on blu ray? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, just a quick post, the Region 2 blu ray of The Defiant Ones finally arrived from Germany. So now the collection is up to 4 titles. Still kind of surprised The Defiant One’s does not have a Region 1 release. Maybe Criterion or Kino is working on it.

48BE96EB-AE53-4D4C-8C51-E812BFDDFEB3.jpeg

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Twilight Time released Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and I thought I heard that after their contract expired Columbia was going to release it's own blu-ray, but it seems they have not. One of my favorite films.
This is on the agenda for a rare family movie session with my brother’s brood (3 of the 4 nephews are in town). I’d been holding it until at least 2 were available, and meanwhile my sister in law asked about watching it (amazingly has never seen it), so that prompted the showing. It’s too bad Sony hasn’t reissued this, since the Twilight Time (which we will watch) as well as the digibook (of which perchance I found a leftover copy at Barnes & Noble a couple of years ago) are both out of print. It’s a film of its time, and maybe a little didactic dramatically. But the marvelous cast, and the final Tracy and Hepburn collaboration, Poitier’s quiet dignity, plus Tracy’s heartrending final summation, all make for a fine entertainment with a still timely message.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks