What's new

Sideways out April 5! (1 Viewer)

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
DVDboxoffice sent me an email saying that Sideways will be released on dvd April 5.

Extras are listed as "-Commentary by Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church
-Hilarious deleted scenes and much more!"

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Looking forward to this one...it seems like I'm only buying new movies at a rate of one or two per year, and this will be one for last year.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
Just saw this for the first time last night, and I immediately wanted to watch it again after it was over. This is great news.

Kevin

dOc!

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Fantastic movie. I wish it had gotten a wider release. Fortunately I was in Dallas three weeks ago and got to see it while I was up there. It's a crime that Paul Giamatti wasn't nominated for a Best Actor Oscar.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know....

Never saw this, but based on word-of-mouth
this is going to be one hot DVD.

I am also looking forward to this and it
will be a blind purchase.

I hear you can't go wrong on this.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Boy, Ron, I am telling you! This is the MUST SEE MOVIE of the season. Really funny, very clever, and a very enjoyable movie experience.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I am either going to see it tonight or tomorrow. It didn't get released to Omaha theaters until yesterday. I had been looking for it for weeks, then suddenly every theater in town had it yesterday...

I already want the DVD just based on the trailer.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
I am going to see it tomorrow. I also want the dvd based on the trailer. That and the fact that my cousin Virginia is in it. :wink:

Joel C

Screenwriter
See it with a packed house if you can. It was a great experience, the audience was really into it.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Definitely one of the best films of the year (if not, THE best).

Paul Giamatti got snubbed yet again.

CraigL

Screenwriter

I'll without a doubt tell you different...but apparently me and my kind are in the minority.

If you get a chance, read the recently published NY Times article about the people that actually liked it. Interesting :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
In my opinion, I'm not sure I would recommend this as a blind purchase. I think this is one of those movies that either strikes a chord with you or it leaves you cold. Both my wife and I found it mildly amusing, but nothing more.

I guess the reaction of the audience at the theater where I watched it summed it up best. It seemed half of them was going "what the heck was that?" and the other half was laughing their heads off.

Steve

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I saw this movie over the weekend and found it vastly overrated. Well made, sure, but the themes and characters did not resonate with me -- in fact, I detested the main character. I will not be buying or renting the DVD, and I strongly advise against a blind buy.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Saw it last night. It really made me want to get into wine-tasting! Thomas Haden Church was comic gold and his nomination is well-deserved. Giamatti again has no peer when it comes to playing this type of role. Snubbed? I think so. But I'm seeing "Million Dollar Baby" tonight to see if Eastwood is deserving of his acting nom.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I can't wait for this movie. Just slightly over two months wait until we get the DVD! Thats excellent. Fox has been doing a good job on their Searchlight titles and hopefully they can go all out for Sideways.

Same here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks