What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just got shipping confirmation on my second chance Saruman statue and Spooktacular Grima statue. I'm ecstatic that the Saruman order came through. I heard about peoples' orders getting can celled, and I assumed mine would. This was the main statue that I had regretted not getting. Talk about perfect timing shipping the same day as the Grima statue. I cannot wait until these arrive.

...also MM should be here in a couple of days. Still trying to decide whether to sell or keep.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've ordered a second-chance baby balrog. I'm guaranteed to at least get my money back on eBay but this may be the one piece I end up keeping (paint job notwithstanding).

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Got my RWOS yesterday and I revamped my display with some of my autographed art :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Click for more pics

Awesome piece, glad I got a 'good' one. The face is painted really nicely.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Nice picture picture, Chuck!

My MM just arrived. Wow, I really like this one. I heard all of the unimpressed talk, and I was beginning to consider selling it. I'm glad I didn't. Definitely an underrated piece, and it looks great next to Minas Tirith.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Thanks Matt- yeah MM is real nice, was tempted to sell it for the bucks it's commanding, but I'm digging how it looks behind the fellbeast right now.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I bet that would look really great. Makes me wish I had a Fell Beast ;)

I can't wait until my Saruman comes! Both he and Grima should be here on Friday.

Kami

Screenwriter
The new Gandalfax statue is amazing. I almost like it more than RWOS. And SS is truly back to their old level of quality - I inspected mine (i think it's 3200-something) and it is absolutely flawless in every category.

Sauron's Gauntlet from UC arrived on the same day. Now THAT is a collectible. It is even oiled up like the real thing would be with all those metal joints. It smells like oil. The display case is very cool too and it's covered by a big protective glass dome. The box for it was way bigger than Gandalfax.

I'll try to get some pics of them side by side today for a size comparison.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Have there been any reports of average paint jobs on the Gandalfax piece? My friend was just telling me it wasn't as good as he'd hoped. But I got my yesterday and thought it looked great - mine is 096 and his was in the 6000's if that matters.

Kami

Screenwriter
Nick, your friend is the first I have heard who is disappointed with Gandalfax. The edition numbers really mean nothing in terms of order the item was produced. Your particular statue could have been the last one produced but you get number 3 of 8500 or something.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Mine looks like the paint is cracking a bit where Gandalf's cloak meet's Shadowfax's rump, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm very happy with the statue. My Gandalf also seems to have a bit of mud on his face, which I think is kinda cool.

Kami

Screenwriter
I think it is 1/6 scale. Look at the base. How small the bevel is on it. It's a massive base.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Kewl pics.

My damn Saruman didn't come today because they needed my signature. So the Fed Ex guy dropped off the Grima but will redeliver the Saruman tomorrow. I hope he knocks/rings louder this time. I was in my room when he came and I didn't hear a thing. :frowning:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I jumped on the Wounded Orc bust. I love all the orc busts - lots of good detail and dynamic expressions.

Galadriel's growing on me. Even though I have the bust, I may pick this one up as well.

If that Attack Troll is indeed 1/6 scale it will surely be SSW's most massive piece, and it would rival Sauron for height. Good catch on the bevel, Kami. Another clue that it may indeed be that scale - there's speculation that it will be the companion piece to Pippin - the source of his cowering pose. The stone on the bases are similar enough to make me think that may be the truth.

A piece that large would surely go for $400-$500, and probably be a low edition size as well (500-1000 would be my guess).

No matter what size it ends up being - it WILL be mine!! :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've got a quick question. Are there any promo codes for Fireside right now? I know they've had 5% off codes in the past, and didn't know if there were any right now. I only ask because I'm really jones'n for the Gandalf on SF. All the pics have me foaming at the mouth.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Matt, I just got the latest Fireside newsletter and there are no promo codes mentioned. He's got Gandalf on SF for $260, which seems like a good price to me. Go for it! You will love this statue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks