Shutter!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by felix_suwarno, Oct 7, 2005.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i havent made any post for two years in here...since i left chicago...and now i live in jakarta, indonesia.

This movie, Shutter, was sooo good and terrifying. Everytime i see a good movie, i always pay htf a visit, to read about people's opinion about this particular movie. I typed "shutter" in the search box ( slowest search applied ) and couldnt find any thread about it.

Well, THIS MOVIE IS REALLLY REALLLLLLYY GOOD! I thought this was just another "ringu" style horror flick, but it made me jump more than three times in a row. No other movie had done anything like that to me.

The movie makers really developed cliche ideas into an innovative movie, with a shocking, excellently done, ending. You will see what i mean with the word "innovative" by the end of the movie. I have never seen anything like that before. Caught me off guard.

This one is in the same league as "A tale of two sisters".

My top five scarry movies :
    1- Shutter
    2- A tale of two sisters
    3- The sixth sense
    4- The Ring
    5- The Others

Go watch it guys! You wont regret it.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It is a pretty darn good horror movie. From what I've seen, Thailand doesn't have much use for subtlety in its horror movies - lots of loud noises and obvious jump moments - but the end result is pretty effective.

Don't know if/when it's going to get any sort of US release. I saw and reviewed it at Fantasia in July, but haven't heard anything about it since.

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I just got this from NicheFlix the other day, but have not had time to watch it. I will post info hopefully this weekend.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I've had the R3 DVD for some time. A solid horror flick all around. [​IMG]

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Finally got around to watching it. It is BY FAR the best Asian horror movie I have seen. A more "linear" storyline than most of the other Asian films I've seen, which certainly helped. What could have been a "cheap thrills" horror movie is actually a well-done and truly creepy ghost story. With the exception of the "stringy-haired dead girl" that seems to be in EVERY Asian horror movie, I found it original, with some excellent twists and revelations that were totally unexpected. One final note: the camera angles and editing are light years ahead of what I have come to expect in this day-and-age of the "cheap thrills/crappy storyline" studio efforts like "House of Wax", etc. Recommended!

EDIT: The soundtrack made EXCELLENT use of my 5.1 system...just don't play it TOO lound or the neighbors might complain!

6. Jason Roer

Jason Roer Supporting Actor

For those of us who don't have a nicheflicks account, how can I see this film? I'm doing research into this genre right now and need to view as many as possible. I live in Manhattan, so there has to be a location that would rent flicks from other regions. Any thoughts?

I'm so mad I missed this at Tribeca last year.

Cheers,

Jason