Shrek?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Br, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

Is there a new edition of this movie on the way, I have been looking everywhere for the film but no one has any. On dvdpricesearch there were only two listings for it. Are they gearing up for a new release?

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    Greg: I only see one listing in dvdpricesearch. There is no planned re-release AFAIK, but I'm also not a big follower of Shrek-related news.
    DJ

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I too have not heard a thing about any other release.

4. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

So being new to this game is it common for popular dvd's to just be removed from the market?

5. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Sometimes DVD's go OOP (Out of Print), and other times DVD's will go on moratorium, when the studio won't produce anymore to boost sales and anticipation... like MGM has done with the 007 series, and Disney doing with their Platinum editions.

As for movies just disapearing without a trace, that doesn't happen often, there is usually a press release saying it will do that.

And Shrek is still widely available in stores around here!

Chris.

6. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    Greg: I completely misread your comment earlier about there being 2 listings on dvdpricesearch...I thought you meant that there were 2 different DVDs listed in their database. Anyway, I'm not sure what results you got from the search, but I see it available at many places. For example: Digital Eyes, DeepDiscountDVD, Buy.com, DVDEmpire, and DVDPlanet all show the disc as being in-stock and ready to ship.

DJ

7. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

From www.r2dvd.co.uk :
    "There is mention of a "Shrek Special edition Triple pack" for £29.99. Again, I've no idea if this is a new release or a repromotion of the original release."

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Why would Dreamworks re-release one of the highest-selling DVDs of all-time? Maybe to promote a sequel. But 1) I don't think that's happening any time soon (well soon being before the end of this year) and 2) it's readily available at just about any store.

9. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

I'll be pretty ticked off if there is a new supra-deluxe edition coming. Shrek is a great SE to start with, and that would be about the most unashamed money-grabbing in DVD history.

10. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

No, this is not a Columbia picture, so there won't be another SE, a Superbit, Superbit Deluxe, Limited Edition, Standard Unlimited Re-release Edition, Anniversary Edition, Widescreen-only Edition, Subtitle-Glitch-Corrected Edition, or Giant All-Editions Boxset.
    ...Not that I know of, anyway. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Daniel, they may be talking about a 3 movie package. I could have sworn that I saw a three pack box at Wal-mart the other day that included Shrek. Maybe I was hallucinating though, didn't pay much attention to it.

TimG