What's new

Shrek The Halls (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
Anyone else catch this? Finally a new, modern Christmas special, starring Shrek, Fiona, Donkey and the rest of the characters from the movies. My niece is visiting and she watched multiple times, thanks to tivo. I sat and watched most of it, funny stuff, especially Puss telling his version of Santa "Claws" and becoming mesmerized by the fuzzy ball on his hat, to which he exclaims " I have shamed myself ". We'll be watching this again and again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I meant to watch but forgot it was on. Glad to hear it was entertaining. I'll get to see it in the future somehow. I've always liked the Shrek flicks. Haven't seen the 3rd one yet but looking forward to it.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I left my DVR set to record "Pushing Daisies" last night, oblivious to the time change. So I missed that, but the upside was that I caught "Shrek the Halls." I thought it was a lot of fun too.

Zap2It's TV listings says it'll repeat on December 11.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was disappointed overall, but I did get a big laugh out of Puss's christmas story and fuzzy ball play. ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also missed it. Does anyone know if it will repeat or be available on dvd? Also, did they get the original actors to do reprise their voices (ie-Myers, Murphy,etc)?

mylan

Screenwriter

Yes, all the original actors were involved in the project. I'll bet they they did their voice work during the production of Shrek The Third.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
They had voices? I recorded it but when I went to watch it last night, there were no voices when the characters talked. The music and sound effects were there so there must have been a problem with the voice track (on my affiliate, I assume, since no one else is reporting the problem). I doubt it was my DVR because other stuff I recorded last night was fine.

I'll try again when it repeats.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You'd think they would have something like this on DVD by Christmas or at least repeat it.

The promotional stuff had the original voice actors. Myers and Diaz. Not sure about Murphy. I'd hope so. The Donkey is the best thing he's done in years.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Ah, I posted too soon before reading the whole thread.

Good to hear! Now I'm mad I missed it. But I don't have cable so the picture would be a little snowy. I'll snag this on DVD when it gets there. Sounds like fun.

mylan

Screenwriter

Not sure, I only had time to hit record on my series 2 SD tivo. HD or no, it was still a good show.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it was. I was recording it just in case it was. Since I am not real Shrek fan, I wasn't going to watch it unless it was in HD.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I caught this special and this will be a classic. Some really great stuff especially Puss and Boots with the furry ball and Gingerbread's experience with Santa. The whole monster roar associated with Santa had me and my 6 year old son rolling. Then the phrase after disbelief, "you weren't there" was the line that lasted for a whole day. Hope it comes on again on ABC Family because I'm definetly recording it. Actually better than any of the new stuff that comes out occassionally around this time of year.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i am traveling on business and had my girl dvr it just in case it was in hd. i imagine that it was pretty clean......

DaveMcS

Second Unit

Puss n Boots telling his version and getting distracted by the pom-pom on his hat was a true laugh moment

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Words cannot describe how hard I LOL at that bit (I have 2 cats, so most of P-n-B's humor slays me). The way his eyes got all dark and distracted was a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks