Shrek Image

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

First of all, I wasn't looking for problem on the Shrek DVD. It is simpy awesome. I started watching it in the bedroom last night and noticed a pretty weird thing. At around 2:57, Chapter 1, right after the guy pick up their pitchforks and Shrek picks up his fork, if you look to the left of his head, the background in his house is all blurry and 'shifty'. What I mean by shifty is, the blurryness seem the flicker on and off and move around a bit. Now, this doesn't look like a 'transfer' problem but a problem that might have been there all the time.
    At first I just thought it was my older Sony DVP-S360 player screwing it up, BUT, I tried it on my newer NS-700P in the living room and it showed the same thing.
    Also, at the very start the very next scene where Shrek lights a match and prepares to burp in order to start his fire, his eyebrows are all messed up with hairs and little black dots appearing and disappearing.
    I only post this wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing? Just want to make sure it's not my Sony players.
    [​IMG]

2. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Looks like it might be moire. Not unusual when viewing a hi-res source on NTSC video...
    -sk

3. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

It's hard to see it on the images that I posted. You gotta look at it in motion. That is a digital camera picture of my 27" Sony Vega. Sorta hard to tell what's going on.

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
  5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Just checked it out real quick. It's still there. I'd like to get someone else to look at it too..

6. Brett_V

Brett_V Extra

A little late with this post but, I just watched Shrek disc 2 on my pioneer DV-f07 player displayed on a pioneer elite pro-610. And right at the exact point you referred to, my DVD totally locks up. Tried to clean the disc and restart it numerous times but it locks up every time. Just freezes up!! I have to skip to the next chapter to continue watching, but no more problems the rest of the way!! I was thinking that my disc may have gotten damaged somehow, but now that I see youve noticed image degradation at the same exact point, I have to assume that there was a production flaw. And maybe even worse, my DVD player seems more sensitive to it than yours. I simply cant watch the movie from start to finish. It wont play all the way thru. I'm feeling ripped off!!