Shrek DVD-ROM extras

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Catherall, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

So, how do you get the DVD-ROM extras to run? Please don't tell me I have to use that crappy InterActual Player! I can't get Shrek to run on my computer with that player, but it runs just fine with the Cinemaster DVD player that came with my DVD-ROM. Only, I can't seem to figure out how to run the DVD-ROM goodies in the Cinemaster player. A little help here, please?
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't use the extra features without the InterActual player. [​IMG] You may want to delete the InterActual player and re-install it for another go. This player really stinks to watch movies as I much prefer Power DVD.
    If it helps ease your pain at all, the goodies ain't that great. The Donkey-Fire game was fun for a few minutes and the Re-Voice studio entertained me for a little longer but the rest are pretty standard Shockwave games. I wouldn't call them a waste of disc space but they have little entertainment value for anyone over 10 years old.
    ------------------
    "The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
    my home theater
    my DVD collection

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Ok. I got it working. I had to download and install the latest version of Cinemaster and it seemed to fix the playback problem. But then I ran into other problems with InterActual "not responding" but disabling the screen saver seemed to fix it (pretty lame). I only played with the ReVoice Studio and had a blast with that! I did the "Do you know the muffin man?" scene. Oh it was funny! If only they had ways to save the "tapes" so you could share your version with friends.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]