Shrek DVD - ReVoice Studio Feature

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rich_d, Nov 2, 2001.

1. rich_d

rich_d Cinematographer

Rich
    Hi,
    Just received my Shrek DVD in the mail today. Popped the DVD in my computer and tried the much talked about Revoice Studio.
    Friends, this option is worth the price of the whole DVD! I enjoyed it and my son is using it now. It is easy to use and setup is a piece of cake. Revoice allows you to take selected scenes and substitute your voice for the character. It synchronizes so well with the animation that it makes you wonder how they do it.
    Bottom line, if you have kids and a DVD enabled computer I can recommend this without hesitation.
    Rich

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I totally agree. If this is the only thing that came on the disk, it would be worth it. My kids and wife had a total blast with this feature. One thing though, I think younger kids may have a hard time voicing the more difficult characters like Donkey. He just talks so darn fast and so much.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I agree. My 5-year old and I have had a ridiculous amount of fun with the re-voice program, although it does seem to put a strain on my 500 MHz Celeron 128 Mb RAM system. I have to re-start the program from time to time when it loses A/V synchronization.
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

4. John DeLuca

John DeLuca Stunt Coordinator

I agree. My wife and I were at the computer with our 3 year old for hours last night having loads of fun. We had to call the tech support number because we couldn't get it working right away and the tech support was great. My wife was on hold maybe 30 seconds and the person had us going in 5 minutes.

5. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

It's definitely a nifty feature. DREAMWORKS definitely did this disc right! I only wish that I enjoyed the movie Shrek more. I absolutely adore the first third of it, but the last hour seems like a routine fairy tale to me. I wanted to see more subplots involving the other fairy tale characters.