What's new

Shrek audio problems - anyone else? (1 Viewer)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
On disc two the 5.1 digital is NOT active in the rear speakers at all. Forgive me but I do not have DTS.
The rear absence is most noticable during the dragon/donkey chase.
Is anyone else having this problem? Is it the disc?
Thanks.
Jon
------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I watched it in DTS so I'm not exactly sure, but this is not a very active surround mix and I've read seeral reviews claiming it was front heavy, so this may be the case like 'Forrest Gump'. The bass is nice though.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't the most active mix, but there were definitely moments when the rear surrounds were engaged well. But, there are long moments when they are quiet.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The surrounds are active on my disc (the DTS track, at least)
The dragon chase sequence gives my surround speakers a nice workout...although the film IS mostly front speaker stuff.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
No audio problems so far, but something weird....on my dad's Aiwa player, if you press the next chapter button on disc one when the disc first starts playing (during the Dreamworks logo), the disc locks! There were no problems with disc 2, and you can get disc 1 to play right by pressing the menu button during the Dreamworks logo and then navigating from there, but the error is still odd.
-Tom

I posted another similar thread, but I am having tons of problems playing the extras on either disc. The sound on the movie wasn't very active in the surrounds but there was sound there. However, the trailer, the new ending, the deleted scenes.. all lock up for 2-5 seconds randomly and the picture gets corrupted. This doesn't happen on the Toshiba player my kids use, but on my Sony player it's really bad.. Not sure what to do (exchange the disc or what).
At least the actual movie plays ok.. and a damn funny movie it is!
------------------
--Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks