What's new

Shrek - Amazing Image Quality! (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think trying to compare the animation in "Final Fantasy" to "Shrek's" animation is a little bit apples to oranges. "Shrek" had much more leeway for exaggeration because it was the typical animated comedy. "Final Fantasy" animators were more limited as to what they could exaggerate because they were going for a more "realistic" presentation. They certainly could not have made the faces as pliable and "plastic" as the "Shrek" characters, it would have looked bizarre. Anyway, I hope the "Shrek" disc is as good as everyone seems to be indicating.....I mean everyone was pretty happy about SW:TPM until they actually saw what they got.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I am sorry to say that I too have got a Shrek DVD with permeant glue on the front, thanks to the sticker.
All of you should becareful about that

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I was another attendee at Michael Lee’s Local Meet (say that 3 times fast
biggrin.gif
). The Video and Sound was excellent. I could literally smell the Sunflowers when Shrek and the Donkey were walking through the Field. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Michael’s True Sub which really came to live in the “Dragon” Scene.
Here’s a Screen Shot of Shrek on Michael’s Home Theater:
Link Removed
------------------
~Andrew~
~Pronto Programmer~
AIM SN: FFU Productions
ICQ #: 21603991
Home Theater Pictures
Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection
[Edited last by Andrew V on October 28, 2001 at 02:09 PM]

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Got my copy today, and I'm most impressed with the quality of the movie!
However, that sticker on the front comes straight from the flames of hell, and I sent it back there ealier today, DAMMIT, it almost ruined my case.
Other than that, this is one of the coolest DVD presentation I've ever seen, even the menus are funny as hell ("There are no extra features in here - woiihhhhh!") :)
Great, great DVD!
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Fantastic DVD. The colors are excellent, and I was very impressed with the animation. I bought the movie sight unseen, but figured with all the good reviews and the specs on the DVD I couldn't go wrong. My copy didn't have the dreaded sticker on the outside either. I was also really surprised to see the full version of the movie on two separate discs! I thought it was funny to see that they didn't even bother with the DTS track on the fullscreen version.
------------------
My DVD's

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
The first time that I 'saw' Shrek was during one of our
local exhibiton on IT information. Some distributor had
set up a HT corner and was showing trailers of Shrek.It
caught my attention almost immediately.The stunning colours
the audio sound track and the picture quality,it was so
mesmerising that I promised myself 'I gotta have one of
this'. That was in March.
The show came to our theatres soon after but I did not
see it at the cinemas. I know when the DVD is out it will
be awesome. How true it was. I got mine last week and I
since been feasting my eyes on this DVD.
A truely master piece of the animated kind from Dreamworks SKG and its one helluva DVD !

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Stephen, Shrek is a friday release because Pixar's Monsters Inc. premieres this day.
You could call it a marketing stunt.
------------------

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
So, what's up with those "X-Box Gaming hints" on disc 2?
OK, they're hilarious, but what's the story behind? :)
------------------

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Bjoern,
Have you had a chance to look at this transfer yet? I anxiously await your review. I am sure I am not the only one either.
Kevin C. :)

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Kevin,
i still don't have it!
frown.gif

Maybe tomorrow. I am SO excited about getting this. I really love the movie (seen it 3 times in the theater), and have the highest expectations for the transfer. I am 99% confident that it will indeed be Toy Story caliber, and boy will it be shown a lot my system if it does.
Can't disappoint me as much as Final Fantasy did. Knowing that it is from Dreamworks and not Col/Tri makes me happy.
Regards
Bjoern
------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide
[Edited last by Bjoern Roy on October 30, 2001 at 06:29 PM]

Kheng Hong

Agent
X-box is the new video game console from Microsoft. You can play games in 5.1 and DTS on it.
Leon, Thanks for the info! I read the email yesterday.
------------------
Sony ES Poster Boy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks