Shrek 3-D complaint

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Berggren, Nov 6, 2004.

1. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Jun 17, 1999
    I'm heartily annoyed that there is STILL no way to pick up the Shrek 3-D feature without buying into the pan-and-scam versions of the films. The "Story So Far" boxed set only comes in pan-and-scam for the features.
    I had considerred picking up this option, and giving "Shrek" to someone who didn't already have it. But nooooooooooooo, I still can't buy Shrek 3D without pan-and-scam foolishness.
    Worse yet, the back of the boxed set indicates that Shrek 3D is in 2:20:1. Why wouldn't they sell it with the widescreen editions INSTEAD?
  2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Apr 24, 1999
    Yes, it's really puzzling that they'd include a cropped version of Shrek, which was in 1.85, but the 3-D movie is in 2.35! The black-bar-haters will just LOVE that!
    I wouldn't buy "Shrek 3D" anyway though as long as it uses the primitive red/blue 3-D format. I'd buy it in field-sequential 3-D right away; how come Razor 3D can put out crappy shot-on-video horror movies and fake 3-D versions of old public domain films in field-sequential, but none of the BIG companies can put out anything that uses it???
    As for the box set including all pan&scan versions, that's got to be one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen.