What's new

Shrek 3-D complaint (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm heartily annoyed that there is STILL no way to pick up the Shrek 3-D feature without buying into the pan-and-scam versions of the films. The "Story So Far" boxed set only comes in pan-and-scam for the features.
I had considerred picking up this option, and giving "Shrek" to someone who didn't already have it. But nooooooooooooo, I still can't buy Shrek 3D without pan-and-scam foolishness.
Worse yet, the back of the boxed set indicates that Shrek 3D is in 2:20:1. Why wouldn't they sell it with the widescreen editions INSTEAD?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's really puzzling that they'd include a cropped version of Shrek, which was in 1.85, but the 3-D movie is in 2.35! The black-bar-haters will just LOVE that!
I wouldn't buy "Shrek 3D" anyway though as long as it uses the primitive red/blue 3-D format. I'd buy it in field-sequential 3-D right away; how come Razor 3D can put out crappy shot-on-video horror movies and fake 3-D versions of old public domain films in field-sequential, but none of the BIG companies can put out anything that uses it???
As for the box set including all pan&scan versions, that's got to be one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks