What's new

Shrek 2 NOT entirely bilingual in canada (1 Viewer)

Shane Bryant

Agent
I was going to get this from the USA to avoid the bilingual cover, but to my suprise today, I saw the only part of the cover that had french on it was the back one.

Spine and front cover were 100% english.

Hopefully this will be a continuing trend for future Dreamworks/Universal releases - thank you for finally doing something about this!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
FWIW, the re-release of The Thing by Universal was the same, only French on the back. I don''t really care, but I sure did notice it!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Shrek and Dreamworks are proper names. My name in French is still Keith, and I call a French person by his name, even though I speak (relatively) perfect English. Look at the flip cover (French primarily on the inside).

If it were called "The Further Adventures of Shrek" you'd certainly notice it.

Sorry to burst the bubble. :p)

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Well, the Blade II DVD has "Blade II" written twice, once for english, once in french :)

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Same with the single Shrek release (the full frame version). It has Shrek written twice on the spine.

Christian

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Shane,

Born on the Fourth of July is almost the way you described as well. The back has both Engilsh and French. Since the film's title is different in French, the front cover has the French title on it, but only in a very small font written under the English title. The spine is 100% English.

This type of bilingual cover I could definitely live with, my biggest gripe always was the "2-title" spine. Hope this becomes the norm for Canadian Universal and Dreamworks DVDs.

Chris

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
The Thing is great. It looks to be the US package with a removeable paper sheet containing bilingual text. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks