What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" (1 Viewer)

Mike Levine

Agent
Real Name
Mike Levine
Could someone please post the name of the song they were dancing to at Dexter's father's house on last night's episode. Thanks.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Dex knows. But the Ice Truck killer -does- know. Dexter is still hiding his proclivities from everyone; but the ice truck killer is busy siding him up and needling him.

What will be interesting is figuring out how the ice truck killer found Dexter's real dad.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rudy is doing what Dexter does to his prey, it's fun as hell to watch. LOL at the first line Rudy said to Dexter: "I've waited a long time to meet you."

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Ok, Pat. You bring up a point I've been wondering about. How does Rudy know so much about Dexter? I know he broke into Dex' house, but then, the question becomes "Why did he break into Dex' house?"

Any thoughts?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I guess Rudy somehow caught a glimpse of what Dexter does by chance and thought it would be "fun" to mess with him. Not sure how much of Rudy's background story is true, perhaps Dex and Deb's dad did something to his family in the past and it's simply revenge, but once Rudy started stalking Dex, he uncovered Dex's night time activities and it intrigued him enough to want to play a game with him from both fronts (the murders and Deb).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The fact that I read the book has kept me from commenting in this thread. I know you will all enjoy where this is going. I am enjoying your guesses however.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
*laugh* glad I have not read the book, though I may read it later. But I'm glad to hear from people who loved the book that the series is a good take on it ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Another amazing episode. Something for all the main characters: Dex is an unwitting player in an incredibly macabre game with the Ice Truck Killer, his sister throws a hissy fit because he's curious about his biological dad -- which I thought was incredibly self-centred and insensitive of her -- whilst back at the station Doakes offs a Haitian death squaddie and the LT helps "cover it up", and Angel steps into it by "ratting" on him. And Rita stands up for herself, showing her continued growth in self-confidence and internal strength.

I liked the bit how Doakes despite getting "ratted" on, stands up for Angel; conversely, whilst I can see Deb getting a little freaked out because Dex's inquiries cast doubt on Harry's integrity, I would have thought she'd be more rational about it -- Harry could have lied to protect Dex, if Driscoll had been really bad news, or even at Driscoll's request, considering Driscoll had presumably given Dex up for adoption yet was concerned and willing enough to donate blood when Dex needed it but stayed anonymous. Either way there were plenty of possible reasons that wouldn't have compromised Harry's integrity, yet she chose to simply freak out when Dex was presumably still conflicted about it all and just needed some time and space to process everything.

Creepy how Rudy returned to the old lady's house. Must say, when she was describing the "cable repair guy" to Dexter, I immediately guessed that it was Rudy, adding yet more spice into the plot.

At this rate, Rudy really is going to dice Deb. Just a guess, I haven't read the book , but certainly will track it down once this season ends (IIRC, season 1 covers the book, yes? No spoilers please, just confirmation, from those who have read it...)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Yes it seems that season 1 covers Darkly Dreaming Dexter. There are two other Dexter books that follow. I'm hoping that they do a book a season. I haven't read those yet and I won't now that the show is on.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Thing is, Doakes coulda just said, "yeah I guess I shot when he drew down on me and the guy musta got one off right after, and maybe I wasn't as certain of where I was standing as I first thought". Then I'm sure that'd have satisfied Angel and IA.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Quite true. Since the consensus seemed that as long as the suspect had drawn his gun Doakes was entitled to fire, why not just say that?

And thanks MarkMel. I suppose if one wants to be a curmudgeon, the fact that there are two more Dexter books beyond the first, which is season 1, means we know that Dexter doesn't get killed :D but that's not a stretch nor a real spoiler, since without Dex there's no show anyway, right? (Oh, and in any case I don't think you were the first to mention there were a few books, so even then you weren't the "spoiler"... ;) )

Joe_H

Screenwriter
From watching this, I know I'll definitely be reading these books after the series is over, but I don't want to spoil anything for the show either.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show continues to impress. I was surprised at the emotional weight they had in the episode tonight. This show has been a good suspense/drama, but I didn't expect it to have an episode that really made me feel for Dexter. Great episode ;)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I don't see why Dexter couldn't be seen as a superhero. He's always fighting evil. Of course superman or batman never chopped up their foes to hide the evidence. But hey, maybe if there was a real world superhero, that's what he'd have to do. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks