What's new

Showtime's "Dexter" Season 2 (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Line of the night: "James Doakes", said with so much anger on his voice-mail. Absolutely hilarious! :D

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I loved the conflicting juxtaposition of Dexter keeping his mouth shut when he was sure he had been caught only to find out that Doakes was the suspect against Deb's inability to keep her mouth shut based on a couple of unintentional comments by LaGuerta.

Doakes may not be the 100% pure good guy. In season 1 he shot that guy (Haitian if I remember correctly) under the bridge in very suspicious circumstances. Wonder how we'll ever find out who that guy was to Doakes, now that we know he has a connection to Haiti. The easy resolve is for Doakes to be pinned as the BH Butcher, but I have a sneaking suspicion we are in for another twist.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
But it seems like Dexter is torn.

Dexter really can't kill him, cause Doakes mysteriously disappearing would seem strange.
And Dexter can't keep him alive cause Doakes will say something.

So what is poor Dexter to do?:)

They're keeping Lila in the picture for some reason, other than just the already obvious reasons. I'm wondering if something major will happen with her at the season finale.
Maybe Dexter can kill Doakes and pin it on Lila.
Kill two birds with one stone :)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
On the contrary, Doakes just disappearing would be best for Dexter: the prime suspect in the Bay Harbor Butcher case would never be brought in, so suspicion would never go off of him, and everyone would just assume that it was Doakes, who's fled the country.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I thought it would be best if Dexter set it up that Doakes hung himself in the drug bunker with the dead dude. It would look like the pressure of getting caught caused him to commit suicide. Butcher caught/dead, pressure off Dexter.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The setup is complex, but the scenes between Dexter & Doakes are incredible TV. The exchanges, the back and forth, as though Doakes is both wrong and at the same time trying to act as a conscience for Dexter. The acting in those scenes is incredible..

On the flip side, the moments beteen Lundy & Deb are surprisingly good, as though it forms it's own little side storyline so well.

And where does Lila go, and how bad will this be for Angel?

Lots of good storylines this week :)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Awesome and I don't want this season to end. Did anyone elses audio go all inaudibly muffled when they were showing the previews?

mylan

Screenwriter

Mine does every week on Charter cable. I think Showtime switches to a different audio track during previews. I had the same problem with ABC and Lost, I just grab the remote and turn up the tv volume.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it happens on some providers.. it switches from DD5.1 to DD2.0, and some carriers foo it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's such a tired refrain, but loving every episode of this show this season. Definitely no sophomore slump for Dexter.

I can only guess Lila is going to use her leverage over Angel (claim Angel roofie'd her) to get Dexter back in her life by blackmailing him with the leverage. Otherwise, I can't think of a good reason to set Angel up like that.

Dex and Doakes - (nice spin-off title, eh?) had some good scenes.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that bothered me was where he dropped the Doakes printed murder tool kit. If I were investigating, that would stick out like a sore thumb. Why would a seasoned detective that's also a serial killer drop his kit in such an obvious location?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Each episode never disappoints.
I also loved the scenes between Doakes and Dexter.
Loved how he was trying to reason with him and then when Dex brought in the kid to kill, the look on doakes face and with the sound of the drill and blood seeping through to his cage. And Doakes afterwards-looked pretty fucked up even though he didn't actually see it happening.

Lila is screwed up-makes you wonder what else she's going to do or how far she will go.

I'm going to miss Dexter(2 more episodes left)
Hopefully we will hear about a season 3 soon.
But it makes me wonder if they can top themselves again

mylan

Screenwriter

Anyone notice the Kayaker just out from the dock when Dex dropped the tools? I wonder if that will come back to bite him or was it a red herring?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Just rewatched that scene.
Didn't notice it the first time around.

Wondering if this person might come forward(Season finale?)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

I wondered why she was doing it, aside from the fact that she's nutty. She doesn't need to go through Angel to blackmail Dexter. She already has him connected to the drug dealer/bar owner who has since been disappeared. That's all she needs over Dexter.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I'm pretty sure Lila doesn't yet know about the disappearance of the drug/bar owner
In fact I don't think anybody knows he's missing(unless ANOTHER person comes looking for their "snow")
I'm assuming what Lila is going to do, is to get Dexter's attention.
Say that if we don't get back together, your friend Angel is going to go down for trying to kill me(roofie her)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Because she's a crazy psychopath. Her reasoning has never made sense. Why did she burn her own building down? To get attention. That's why I love her character, she's just a known delusional. For all we know, she faked her way into NA like Dexter to hide her other weirdness :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

What scares me is that I had an old, old X-girlfriend just about like Lila.
When I broke it off with her, she would do the weirdest and most craziest stuff to get my attention and to get back together.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

She doesn't need to know he's disappeared. She knows who he is and that he killed Dexter's mother. You saw how agitated Dexter got when she brought the drug dealer up to Angel. She knows that she and Dexter went to see him, that there is a hotel receipt confirming their visit, that Dexter returned all bloody, that Dexter knew his attacker and didn't say anything to Angel, etc. She can make things very bad for him.

I like the idea that the reason she is setting up Angel is because she's crazy. It's like when you scream at the tv "how can X character do something so stupid?" The answer: because their character IS stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks