1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Showtime's "Dead Like Me" - season 1 discussion

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Wayne Bundrick, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Enjoyed this weeks episode, the bits with where she works continue to get better.

I like the general direction of how this show is going. I thought the bowling scenes were riotous [​IMG]

2. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I got Showtime just for this show and I'm not disappointed. It's one of my favorite shows in a long-time.

Anyone know how many episodes it will run? If it will continue? etc?

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Henry Gale
    I missed the first 10 minutes this week and I still think this was the best episode yet.

4. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

So why did rebecca greyheart leave? She was replaced by a very similar character (kinda). I thought she was a good addition to this show.

As for georgia and her bowling team, funny. I knew she'd win it.

hey! by the way, I wonder if there ever going to show what the rest of the characters look like to the alive world.

They always show george in her true self, but none of the other characters.

Ive finally found a kick ass show now that oz is dead. [​IMG]

5. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

6. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

The whole bit about "he's a P-R-I-C-K.. it's a quality of life issue" cracked me up. Actually, that character cracks me up in general.

What I really need to find out is who the heck sings the song that goes with the show "ba-dum-dum-da" damn, sticks in my mind [​IMG]

7. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

Chris,

The song is called Afterlife by Squirrel Nut Zippers. I searched for it after the first episode [​IMG].

8. Lowell_B

Lowell_B Second Unit

Just figured I'd chime in with another hearty recommendation for this awesome show. Easily some of the best of TV right up there with the Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The show is just great. It never fails to put a smile on my face. Next week's episode looks really solid too.

Does anyone know how many episodes are going to be in the first season?

Thanks for that tidbit of knowledge Brandon, I was going to look around and try to find out who plays that and you did it for me. [​IMG] Great song.

9. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

It is. The damn thing sticks in my head. I re-watched the most recent episode, I think taken as a whole, the season has really progressed and I've really grown to like it a good deal. I think one of the things that should be part of a show like this is a real fluidity of cast.. sure, some primaries, but lots of people who are.. well, there for stints for the logical reasoning (they move on) hard to have a show that tells you up front some of the characters will move on after a period if they stick around for multiple seasons [​IMG]

CRAP! Wrong song [​IMG] I love the theme song too (which is Squirrel Nut Zippers) but during this weeks episode, as she walks to the toilet tree, there is this song, it's basically very whispy, somewhat reminiscent of Dead Can Dance..

"I can feel my heart beating.. da dum dum da.." etc.. that thing gets me.. I wish I could find the name of it & artist. [​IMG]

10. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Ha ha! Found it! It's Boom Boom Ba, by Metisse. !

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Finally watched Friday's episode, and finally the show found a nice groove with George's transition into the undead among the living, and to her sister's transition to moving on while finding ways to honor her sister's memory as well. I liked how George reflected on the fact that she didn't do as much living when she was alive, and embraced (in some ways) her new vocation as a second chance that many of us don't get at living.

George's office life seems like a natural extension to "Office Space" in many respects. Herbig is one daft lady.

12. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Well, since this thread drifted, just thought I'd bring it back up.. the show continues to roll, the last two episodes have had some of the better ironic humor going on TV [​IMG] The bit with the drumset was well done; and I enjoyed the concept of someone who could see death.

13. Lowell_B

Lowell_B Second Unit

Well, I'll do my part to keep this thread up too. I thought last Friday's episode (A Cook) was absolutely fantastic. Perfect blend of some hilarious comedy elements with some great scenes of Rube too. Only a few days till Roxie comes back in what looks to be another great episode. [​IMG]

Also, Dead Like Me looks and sounds great in Widescreen High Definition, I'll have to catch all the earlier episodes once they re-air them too.

Lowell

14. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

John Co
    Do we know yet how many episodes for this season? Will it be 13 like Sopranos and Six Feet Under on HBO?

15. Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz Supporting Actor

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Yep, another winning episode.

That website/livecam that Doloris ran was really creepy. That woman's got issues!

George probably did the right thing passing JD to her family.

Rube is a pretty complex character at time, the focus on him as a fill-in cook was good.

Mason...didn't need to see/smell that British flag on his butt...

Daisy's self-confidence is probably her only lovable quality, but she's got plenty of it.

17. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Henry Gale
    Delores Herbig is quite a bit more character every week. What was her comment about bringing home transients?

"The homeless, great lovers but then they steal your stuff."

18. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

And George's reaction to Delores is pretty much the reaction most of us would have, and it's funny to hear her verbalize it (with her voiceovers).

20. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

George's character seems to be really growing into her new role. The acting in the show, for all it's off-beat writing, is often dead on and damned funny.