Showstopper & DCT5100?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dan Driscoll, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

I could use some help with hook-ups and control codes. I just got Comcast Digital w/HDTV, using the Motorola DCT5100 HD cable box. I want to integrate this with my Panasonic Showstopper PV-HS2000 (Replay PVR) and Pioneer SD-533 RPTV. This is the configuration I think would work best:

Cable into DCT5100
    DCT5100 S-video output into Showstopper
    Showstopper S-video output to Input1 of RPTV

For HDTV; DCT5100 component video output to Input2 of RPTV.

I'm hoping that this will allow me to use the Replay programming guide. This is important, because the Comcast guide absolutely sucks. The problem is that while my Showstopper has an IR Blaster, I can't find a control code that will allow the Showstopper to control the DCT5100. Does anyone know if there is a code available or am I trying a configuration that won't work? Any alternative suggestions?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's going to be tough to find a remote code because the SS2000 is an older product, while the 5100 is a relatively new product.

But you can just try going through all combinations of codes and hope you get lucky to find something that is based on the Motorola remote codes.

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

OK, how about the other way around? Can the DCT5100's remote control the Showstopper?