What's new

Shows you think deserved one more season (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Talking of Crusade - I know that there are problems with releasing Babylon 5 on Blu-ray. Would it be the same for Crusade? Thanks.

The question is whether there were ever any HD transfers made back in the day, and/or whether the original film elements are actually in decent condition.

The dvd release of Crusade was in 4:3 fullscreen, and looked like it might have had been postproduction done on video tape (typical of its era).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I wasn't aware of that. What kind of troubles?

Not knowing of any problems, I would've loved to see it run five years.

Rick

For example, an abrupt change in uniforms.

The original intended first episode was ran later, and a new one was shot.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I think the 3rd season of ST:TOS gets a bad rap. While it had its fair share of lesser episodes it also had some of the best of the series.

Same here - I, too, enjoy "Spock's Brain" and consider "The Way to Eden" to be one of the true stinkers of the entire series - along with "Miri" and "The Empath." But episode talk is really better to do in the Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread.
We were discussing Star Trek episodes in the context of series that should have continued. Relevant to this thread.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Ahem. I'm a great fan of Spock's Brain. Really.

If we want to talk the worst of Star Trek: The Original Series, let's talk about "The Way to Eden," where the gallant crew of the Enterprise encounter Space Hippies from the sixties.
--jthree
OK, "The Way to Eden" is still the third season. Take my original post and substitute "Eden" for "Brain." The argument still holds.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
How about some series that only lasted THREE to FOUR episodes like,
Judd Hirsch's Detective in the House
ABC's version of Foul Play
Young Maverick.

For right or wrong, I liked them.

--jthree

I liked the 1978 series APPLE PIE. They only aired two of them, but I attended three tapings of it that were not aired. So I've seen 5 of the 7 or 8 they made.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Absolutely wonderful blu ray set.

Automan.
Yes it is a Great Quality Bluray Set ! :) Here is my UFO collection. The Series, Movie, and Soundtrack.
DSC00407.JPG

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
In no particular order ...

My So-Called Life
Good Morning World
It's About Time!
My World and Welcome to It
The Duck Factory
Good choices. I watched It’s About Time recently on the Classic Filx DVD set, and loved the insanity of it all. Another year would’ve been great- the cave family could have gone to Harvard or moved to Beverley Hills to be the Clampett’s neighbors! I would have watched it!!!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
More recently: Stargate Atlantis, even though it ran a very successful 5 seasons in syndication, ditched prematurely in favor of the broody and dark, drastically inferior Stargate Universe...incensing the dedicated fandom of Stargate Atlantis, which had a much superior cast, and with it's still compelling storylines and more entertaining concept overall, could have possibly gone on for another two or three years...IMHO, Stargate Universe was a very ugly misfire...so bad that it killed off the entire Stargate franchise, admittedly already long in the tooth after 8 seasons of Stargate SG-1...

You're absolutely right about Stargate Universe. What was going through their minds? That camera work on SU just gave me a headache. Somehow the producers of Universe just decided to tackle every negative trope that had been on previous science fiction programs. Dr. Smith like character (check), characters lost in space (check), flawed, very flawed characters (check), annoying young man (check), no exciting theme song (check), new type camera that's the "in-thing" at networks (check). They bit off more than they could chew.

I couldn't disagree with you guys more. To me, Atlantis was just an SG-1 wannabe. Not that it was bad, as it was more than watchable, had some enjoyable characters/cast-members (and some that were...not so much). Stargate Universe was trying to be something different than the previous two,, and was the one of the three that I enjoyed the most. I was really bummed that it didn't get a third season.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There are a lot of shows that could've used more seasons. In addition to some already mentioned, I'd add these:

Strange Luck (Fox, 1995), which threw in a reference to Fox Mulder as someone that protagonist Chance Harper needed to get in touch with, just as the show was being cancelled.

Charlie Jade (Space, 2005), a Canadian alternate universe series that ended on a serious cliffhanger. Still one of my favorite all-time SF TV series.

Intelligence (CBC, 2005), another Canadian series, this time a crime drama.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thinking of unresolved story arcs another series comes to mind that I really enjoyed. Dark Matter could have benefitted from another season to wrap up the story elements that were being established prior to its cancellation. Not really a cliffhanger style of conclusion to the series, but there were some interesting plot lines that I would have liked to have seen explored.

- Walter.

quantumsnoga

Agent
Real Name
George P Snoga
I have a question, tangentially related to this thread.

Sledge Hammer Season 1 cliffhanger. Was there or was there not an episode starting the second season aired with Sledge being awakened from being hypnotized? The DVD said no, the second season was a prequel, but I have a clear memory of such an episode being shown OTA, for the start of the second season.

Doreau: "Wake up Sledge! You've been hypnotized!"
Captain Trump: "Where they found enough brain to hypnotize, I'll never know. . "

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The Borgias with Jeremy Irons as the pope. (It was on Showtime 2011-2013).

At the end of season 3, there were no issues with cliffhangers or wildly unresolved storylines.

A more fitting end would be a (hypothetical) season 4, which would feature the pope dying and going to hell at the end.

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Scanning through the thread I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned a recent series I particularly liked: The Last Man On Earth with Will Forte. The finale of the last aired season begged for one more season.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
"The Colby's" I wanted to see how Fallon returned from the spaceship and what happened to the rest of the cast. And how Jeff and Fallon returned to Denver from LA. Was disappointed that the series left everyone hanging. Same with "Dynasty" ALexis and Dex went over the balcony and Sable was pregnant........another series with no conclusion the mini series did not tie up the finale.......Except Alexis was still alive and Krystal rose from the dead with her brain tumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks