What's new

Shows you think deserved one more season (1 Viewer)

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Shows that ended too early, that had at least one more good year left in them, or that never got a chance to resolve their storylines.

The Invaders
Lou Grant
Coronet Blue
Seinfeld - the final season had some of the best episodes of the entire series.
Dragnet - would have been great to see how Joe Friday navigated a few more years of the 70’s
Man In A Suitcase
The Loner

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
"Pitch," the short lived FOX series about a female baseball pitcher. I thought it was fun and deserved a sophomore season.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There are a bunch of shows that should have run longer than they did. But my usual go-to answer for this is Galavant, although the wrap-up was terrific nonetheless. I did find the ending the characters got extremely satisfying. The tease of storyline for season 3 did enough to show us where the show would have gone next without being so enormous that it couldn't end where it ended up having to when ABC cancelled it.

Last edited:

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
One of my favorite 80's-martyred series was doomed to die, the moment ABC placed it in the 'cannon fodder" slot opposite the '87 season of NBC's Cosby Show--
ABC's Our World was a prime-time news-spinoff History Channel series trying to cash in on post-Big-Chill nostalgia, and would have been years ahead of its time if it'd lasted more than half a season against the Huxtable Juggernaut:

This is a series one-season-curiosity disk sets were made for.

(And yeah, near the end, they were starting to go to the "'39 prewar isolationism" well a little too often, to hint at the Reagan era, but nothing a new show runner, and slapping down Murphy Ellerbee's ego, couldn't fix.)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Beverly Hillbillies to clear up loose ends along with my favorite Las Vegas, as NBC screwed with that show.

ElPaBr

Agent
Real Name
Elaine Salisbury
I wish Rhoda was able to finish out its last season and ended on Brenda's wedding, which would have been a nice full circle moment given how that series started.

Last edited:

Taylor * D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Taylor
There are a bunch of shows that should have run longer than they did. But my usual go-to answer for this is Galavant. although the wrap-up was terrific nonetheless. I did find the ending the characters got extremely satisfying. The tease of storyline for season 3 did enough to show us where the show would have gone next without being so enormous that it couldn't end where it ended up having to when ABC cancelled it.

I completely forgot about Galavant, what a fun show that was! Something I'd go back and revisit one day.

I wish Soap would have got that last season so they could wrap up the storylines. Season 5 had already been mapped out (the show started with a five season bible). I'd love to see how all the characters turned out. Heck, I'd even settle for reading a summary of what was supposed to come.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Planet of the Apes (1974)
There was talk of CBS letting ABC pick it up after cancellation, but the very high production cost ruined it.
1599748053413.png

Logan's Run (1977)
Another CBS sci-fi victim of the Friday night "death slot".
D.C Fontana was a great lead writer, and the Harlan Ellison episode (Crypt) is fantastic. I only wish a full 22, or 24 episode second season were made. As with POTA a few years earlier these shows barely had time to find themselves (but did fine while they graced the screen). I think a second season for both shows would have been advantageous for CBS as they would have grown in popularity, and added new fans.
1599748381380.png

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In the case of Firefly, I have to wonder if the show would have turned to crap in later hypothetical seasons (if it had continued).

Not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, The Killjoys superficially had some similar tropes to Firefly, where it lasted five seasons. I like the first season of The Killjoys, but found the show became somewhat lackluster in later seasons.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I completely forgot about Galavant, what a fun show that was! Something I'd go back and revisit one day.

It was on Netflix but isn't there anymore, so it must have cycled off recently. Since Disney owns it, I would assume sooner or later it will get pulled over to Disney+. If you'd like to own it, VEI issued a barebones DVD of both seasons together. I would buy a Blu-ray if they ever come out with one, but I was just glad to get it at all since it seemed very unlikely to have a physical release. The DVD looks pretty good considering upscaled on my Blu-ray player. There is also a 2-disc complete soundtrack with all the songs from both seasons available either digitally or as a CD-R from Amazon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks