What's new

Shows to recommend buying on DVD based on what I own (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter

"Psych" was actually created by Steve Franks, who wrote the Adam Sandler film "Big Daddy".

I've already recommended this series to someone before, and I'll do it again. "Psych" is one of the funniest shows on television. Universal is also loading it up with a lot of extras and including the international version of the pilot as well as the one that aired here on USA Network.

I will also recommend "Monk", and Universal is also putting a bit more effort for Season 5.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Mainly have been ordering sets which cost less than £18 on amazon uk - sellers like caiman_usa etc so does the postage costs effect the shipping price? so the more expensive boxsets I've not been buying because I don't want to pay a fortune in customs and post office charges. If I do will stick to loaded247.com until I find another site. I think Store4dvd.com you don't get custom charges but there prices are really expensive especially on TV show boxsets

John_Dee

Grip

Really? Just over here on the Hallmark channel they are advertising it as being from the creators of Monk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
i love hallmark channel especially sue thomas fbeye and law & order shows SVU, Criminal Intent and the original

KoshN

Agent
Real Name
Mac Breck
Babylon 5 (Seasons 1 thru 5, and the Movie Collection) - IMHO, the best TV show ever made. Eminently re-watchable.

*Crusade (The Babylon 5 spinoff, which unfortunately got TNT'd) - only got 13 episodes, and TNT did screw with it, but there's a lot of good stuff there. Hopefully, some of the threads will be resolved in the upcoming Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales DVDS. Eminently re-watchable.

Criminal Minds - great show, great characters. I rank this with the original CSI. I find it hard to stop watching this show. FWIW, I also like CSI-NY (especially from Season 2 on), but Caruso of CSI Miami gets on my nerves. For me, he taints CSI-Miami.

*Firefly (which got FOXed, and the movie Serenity) - It's different. If you can get past the sci-fi/western/retro. aspects of the show, it's not bad. Great characters, writing and humor.

*Keen Eddie (which got FOXed) - excellent show, with great characters, writing and humor, that got killed by FOX. Note: Paramount didn't pay for the excellent original music on the DVD set, so that set has muddled generic music in places.

Monk - excellent show. Great characters, writing and humor. Monk and Stottlemeyer are great together.

NCIS (spinoff of JAG) - excellent series. Great characters, writing and humor. Like CSI and Criminal Minds, I really care about these characters.

Red Dwarf - drop dead funny

Stargate SG-1 - great show. Best during the Richard Dean Anderson years (Seasons 1 thru 8), but in Season 9, the new actors (from Farscape) got up to speed quickly, and I accept them in the show. I'm very much looking forward to Season 10 on DVD, and the post-season 10 movies.

Stargate: Atlantis - I'm just getting into this on DVD (Season 1), but I'm liking it a lot.

*The Tick (live action) (which got FOXed) - drop dead funny. You may recognize CSI's Wendy Simms as Captain Liberty. Patrick Warburton is incredibly good here. He was born to play this role. :D

Titus (which got FOXed) - drop dead funny. Three great seasons.

*Wonderfalls (which got FOXed) - luckily, the producers were able to tell a complete story and get the original music for the DVD set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Slightly Lesser Recommendations:

Battlestar Galactica (2003+, Seasons 1, 2.0, 2.5, etc.) - haven't seen Season 3 yet, but this is vastly better than the old show.
Farscape - gets pretty far out at times, but if you can get past the muppets (which aren't bad, IMHO), it has compelling characters and is a great show.
The 4400 - I have Season 1 & 2 on DVD, but got sidetracked and lost interest in season 2.
*Threshold - Liked it on TV, and I'm just getting into the DVD set, which has several episodes not shown on DVD.

* series that were cut short by ham-handed suits at TV networks.

Of all those listed above, Red Dwarf and Stargate Atlantis are the only ones I don't own, yet.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
thinking of ordering from amazons sale which ones are good, just ordered Gilmore Girls - Season 3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks