What's new

Shows That Will Never Be Released (1 Viewer)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
Since Star Vista/ Time Life releases one big show a year each fall and Wonder Years is for this fall we most likely won't see anything from them until fall of 2015. It probably took them nearly a year to clear all the in Wonder Years
Well, if that's the case, I'm praying that perhaps the complete Peyton Place is next from the Fox vaults onto Star Vista!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Charles Ellis said:
Well, if that's the case, I'm praying that perhaps the complete Peyton Place is next from the Fox vaults onto Star Vista!
You do that. Meanwhile, I'm not holding my breath and I'm assuming that our off-air recordings are going to be as good as we ever get.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Here are some that I think will never make it out onto DVD (all of these are cable series):
Steambath (the 1980s six-episode Showtime series with Robert Picardo, not the earlier PBS one-off with Bill Bixby)
Brothers (long-running '80s Showtime sitcom)
Hardcore TV (HBO sketch comedy series from the '90s)

Of course, a few years ago, I would have also considered Bizarre as one of those "will never make it out" shows. I'd really like to see Hardcore TV get a release.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
FanCollector said:
Not that it alters your larger point about one-season shows, but Gidget was another one-season sitcoms from the '60s. And some one-season dramas from the '60s have made it, like Going My Way and The Prisoner.
Gidget is a legacy because of Sally Field (or maybe it was a lucky and happy accident that it got released), and The Prisoner is sci-fi, which usually get released a lot because sci-fi fans are guaranteed to buy DVD's of SF TV shows-no big mystery on that.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Brothers is owned by CBS/Paramount, so unless Shout! wants it or Paramount starts an MOD program, I doubt it would happen.

I'd also like to see Love, Sidney, but Warner Archives has said "it's not cleared for release."

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
Adventures in Paradise will never see the light of day because of the Michener Estate.also for some reason nothing has ever been done for Hong Kong the show that stars Rod Taylor.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
01 - batman

02 - wonder years

03 - new york undercover

04 - cold case

05 - amos and andy

06 - custer

07 - defenders

08 - carter country

09 - bj

10 - lobo

11 - our miss brooks

12 - december bride

13 - wkrp in cincinnati

14 - sheena, queen of the jungle

15 - accidental family

16 - 0.K. crackerby!

17 - mr. novak

18 - strike force

19 - today's f.b.i.

20 - mclain's law

21 - jennifer slept here

22 - open all night

23 - cliff hangers

24 - hardcore tv

25 - steambath

26 - 9 to 5

27 - it's a living

28 - at ease

29 - condo

30 - reggie

31 - star of the family

32 - oh madeline

33 - mama malone

34 - amanda's

35 - townies

36 - cupid

37 - the class

38 - house of buggin'

39 - coupling

40 - that '80s show

41 - garrison's gorillas

42 - twelve o'clock high

43 - get christie love

44 - hot l baltimore

45 - Betty White Show

46 - Phyliss

47 - Makin' It

48 - cher

49 - Jacksons

50 - Lou Grant

51 - Amazing Spider Man

52 - Bob, Carol, Ted & Alice

53 - Fantastic Journey

54 - James At 15

55 - Lucan

56 - Paper Moon

57 - Paul Lynde Show

58 - Salvage 1

59 - Shields & Yarnell

60 - Sonny Comedy Revue

61 - Starland Vocal Band Show

62 - Swiss Family Robinson

63 - Angie

64 - Movin’ On

65 - Nanny & The Professor

66 - Operation Petticoat

67 - Ropers

68 - Temperatures Rising

69 - Tony Randall Show

70 - 240 Robert

71 - Goodnight, Beantown

72 - She's The Sheriff

73 - Holmes & YoYo

74 - malcolm in the middle

75 - Lineup, AKA San Francisco Beat

76 - Cover Up

77 - Karen

78 - Harris Against the World

79 - Tom, Dick and Mary

80 - No Time For Sergeants

81 - Wendy and Me

82 - Tycoon

83 - Jean Arthur Show

84 - Run Buddy Run

85 - Rango

86 - Pruitts of Southhampton

87 - Five Fingers

88 - Bus Stop

89 - Mr. Broadway

90 - Greatest Show on Earth

91 - Reporter

92 - Good Life

93 - Paul Lynde

94 - Second Hundred Years

95 - Love on a Rooftop

96 - Nancy

97 - Occasional Wife

98 - Blue Light

99 - Man Who Never Was

100 - Baileys of Balboa

101 - Cara Williams Show

102 - Many Happy Returns

103 - Hank

104 - Camp Runamuck

105 - Pistols 'n Petticoats

106 - Saints and Sinners

107 - Great Adventure

108 - Ichabod and Me

109 - Bing Crosby Show

110 - Mickey

111 - Valentine's Day

112 - Man Called Shenandoah

113 - Double Life of Henry Phyfe

114 - Don Rickles Show

115 - My Friend Tony

116 - Coronet Blue

117 - Immortal

118 - Young Lawyers

119 - Longstreet

120 - Mr. Roberts

121 - Loner

122 - Trials Of O'Brien

123 - Hey Landlord

124 - It's About Time

125 - Hero

126 - T.H.E. Cat

127 - He and She

128 - Blondie

129 - Outsider

130 - Debbie Reynolds Show

131 - For the People

132 - Make Room For Granddaddy

133 - Dan August

134 - Manhunter

135 - Most Wanted

136 - Assignment: Vienna

137 - Funny Face

138 - Here We Go Again

139 - A Touch of Grace

140 - donny and marie

141 - relativity

142 - new leave it to beaver

143 - Noah's Ark (Webb series)

144 - The Millionaire

145 - Aldrich Family

146 - Climax

147 - Danger

148 - Death Valley Days

149 - Love that Bob

150 - Omnibus

151 - Pete & Gladys

152 - Tugboat Annie

153 - Valentine's Day

154 - Combat

155 - My 3 Sons

156 - Paper Chase

156 - Defenders

158 - Third Man

159 - Bachelor Father

160 - Rescue 8

161 - Shotgun Slade

162 - Jefferson Drum

163 - Burns and Allen

164 - Farmer's Daughter

165 - Two Faces West

166 - Tightrope

167 - Life of Riley

168 - Ed

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi neil,

i dont think that most of us would think that a show that only had a few original airings really qualifies ?

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
jimmyjet said:
hi neil,

i dont think that most of us would think that a show that only had a few original airings really qualifies ?
If you read the title of this thread, those shows are the MOST likely to qualify.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the intent of the thread was to list shows that had some original popularity at original airing.

to inundate the list with 150 titles that few people were ever aware of, only serves to water the list down, such that no one is even interested in it any more.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
jimmyjet said:
the intent of the thread was to list shows that had some original popularity at original airing.

to inundate the list with 150 titles that few people were ever aware of, only serves to water the list down, such that no one is even interested in it any more.

To be fair, neither the thread title nor your initial post says any of this. If that was your intention, you probably should have made that clear in the original post rather than waiting until page 8 of the thread.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Tough crowd.

To also be fair the thread did not start out with Jimmy maintaining a master list of titles either, He only started a list, most have stated would never come out, that in his view still have a chance, given time. So if someone wants to add that 150 or so of titles of series that only ran a few episodes before being cancelled, feel free it is a public thread.

Jimmy only signed up to maintain titles he believes still have potential, and this list does not represent that. It appears fairly clear to me that Neil's intent was to just to get jimmy's "goat", so to speak and nothing more.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
smithbrad said:
Jimmy only signed up to maintain titles he believes still have potential, and this list does not represent that. It appears fairly clear to me that Neil's intent was to just to get jimmy's "goat", so to speak and nothing more.
Perhaps. At least, Neil posted a link to the book rather that listing all 150 of those bombs within the thread, though! That would have been very tiresome!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
AndyMcKinney said:
Perhaps. At least, Neil posted a link to the book rather that listing all 150 of those bombs within the thread, though! That would have been very tiresome!
Especially, since his intent was for Jimmy to do it.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Neil Brock said:
Add every series in this book to your list. All shows that aired 5 or fewer episodes:

http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Laughs-Episode-Sitcoms-Probably/dp/1593932251
I noticed one title not on that list of shows in which five or fewer episodes aired: the short lived, five episode summer replacement series (From 1977.) THE KALLIKAKS, which starred Buddy Ebsen's daughter Bonnie Ebsen, along with David Huddleston and Edie McClurg. The only reason I remember this series at all is because it aired on our local Canadian Global Television station immediately after their weekly Laurel & Hardy Summer Series Hal Roach Feature broadcasts.

The show's theme, "Beat The System," performed by Country Music Legend Roy Clark, was also quite catchy, as I recall.

CHEERS!

P.S. Upon double checking, I see THE KALLIKAKS was listed under "T" for "The" instead of under the correct "K!"

SHEESH!

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
AndyMcKinney said:
To be fair, neither the thread title nor your initial post says any of this. If that was your intention, you probably should have made that clear in the original post rather than waiting until page 8 of the thread.
Exactly. The quote was "if you are brave enough to possibly need to eat your words later, list the shows that you think will never be released" without any after-the-fact qualifiers.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
John Karras said:
Exactly. The quote was "if you are brave enough to possibly need to eat your words later, list the shows that you think will never be released" without any after-the-fact qualifiers.
Fine, but no where in that quote does it infer it's Jimmy's responsibility to add everything to the list. Neil brought them to the attention of the thread, so why doesn't he add them. Or if you think they are important to be tracked then feel free to add them yourself. The quote infers it is everyone's responsibility to build the list.

Though I'm guessing most won't be that interested in these titles.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
if you guys read the entire thread, i did make some qualifiers about it, once people started posting.

the initial post was not that long if i recall, and i was not really thinking of crossing all the t's.

but i was mainly thinking of all the night prime time shows. lasting a season was fine.

but i was not thinking of game shows, or talk shows. and not even variety shows, but i am happy to accept the variety shows that were on prime time.

and you guys can have any sort of list that you want. i am not attempting to own it.

but i am attempting to bring forth a list of shows that at least some people would remember. to add 150 shows that had 5 episodes or less is gonna make the list to the point that no one will want to examine it.

and if neil was trying to get my goat, that is fine - i never took it that way. but i enjoy being teased and doing some teasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks