What's new

Shows That Will Never Be Released (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Let me correct myself before someone else does. I meant to say 16mm. You will have to pardon me but I was a projectionist at a theater for 14yrs so I can't get the 35 out of my mind.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Yor're right, not too many One-Season TV Shows have been released. Let me check.....

The Adventures of Long John Silver

Ark II

Arrest and Trial

Battlestar Galactica (Original)

The Bionic Woman (2010)

Birdman and the Galaxy Trio

Blackstar

Blue Thunder

Bravestarr

Broken Badges

The Buccaneers

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids

Call of the Wild

Captain Scarlett

Conviction

Dark Oracle

Dasterdly and Muttley's Flying Machines

Drack Pack

Dusty's Trail

Ellery Queen

Father of the Pride

Fireball XL5

Firefly

The Flash

Frankensten Jr. and the Impossibles

Frontier Circus

Funky Phantom

Galactica 1980

Get Smart (1995)

Ghost Story/Circle of Fear

Gidget

The Greatest Adventure (VHS)

The Groovy Ghoulies

Honey West

The Invisible Man (1974)

Jason of Star Command

Johnny Stacatto

The Jetsons (Original)

Joe 90

Jonny Quest (Original)

Kolchack: The Night Stalker

Korg, 70,000 BC

Logan's Run

Missing Persons

Moby Dick/Mighty Mightor

No Ordinary Family

Oregon Trail

Overland Trail

Palace Guard

Pebbles and Bamm Bamm

Pirates of Darkwater

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop

Planet of the apes

Police Squad!

Quark

The Red Hand Gang

Return to the Planet of the Apes

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch (Animated)

Sealab 2020

Secret Service

Sir Lancelot

Soldiers of Fortune

Space: Above and Beyond

Space Acadamy

Space Kiddettes/Young Sampson and Goliath

SpaceSentinels/Freedom Force

Starhunter

Starhunter 2300

Stingray

Stingray (Gerry Anderson)

Swiss Family Robinson (1974)

Swiss Family Robinson (1986)

Tales of the Gold Monkey

Thundarr the Barbarien

Valley of the Dinosuars

Wacky Races

White Fang

Unsub

V (Original)

Whispering Smith

Wide Country

The World at War

And that's just the ones I own, what a pittiance isn't it. :rolling-smiley:

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
About your list, at least two titles were released but not complete: The Adventures of Long John Silverand Dusty's Trail

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Most of my point was regarding one season sitcoms although I mentioned other passingly. Out of your extensive list here, how many sitcoms are there.Only 3. My point is well proven.50's - 80's - Good Morning World, Gidget, When Things Were Rotten, Police Squad, and maybe 2 or 3 others. But your "smart" reply to an educated post is "much" appreciated. Nice attitude.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
maskedmala said:
About your list, at least two titles were released but not complete: The Adventures of Long John Silverand Dusty's Trail
I didn't know LJS was Incomplete.

I know Dusty's Trail is spread out on two of Mill Creek's Western shovelware collections.

Come to think of it I believe Stories of the Century and Tate are also One-Season Shows that are out on DVD, but once again they are spread through Multiple "Shovelware" sets by Mill Creek.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i was wondering if we would ever see the dirty dozen tv series on dvd. ben murphy was in it.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Here is the list of one season shows that I have in my collection.

The Planet of the Apes
Tabitha
Quark
Pink Lady and Jeff
The Rich Little Show
The Richard Prior Show
Van Dyke and Company
The Snoop Sisters
The Man From Atlantis
The Invisible Man
Ellery Queen
Shaft
Logan's Run
Bridget Loves Bernie
Battlestar Galactica
Galactica 1980

While there are only three sitcoms on that list, it is certainly more than I had expected and the entire list is certainly more that I ever expected to have.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Peter M Fitzgerald said:
I bet FANTASTIC JOURNEY or SALVAGE I has a far better chance at some kind of release than, say, TEMPERATURES RISING or MAKIN' IT.
Actually, The Fantastic Journey was scheduled for release several years back (in Region 2), but the company that had the rights over there went under before it could happen.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
I'll go out on a limb and say "Cover Up", the one season CBS series where Jon-Erik Hexum lost his life. The use of popular music (the theme and within episodes, even if done as covers) is probably what will forever keep it from being released at all.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Most of those one-season shows are either cartoons, westerns or sci-fi. Few sitcoms or dramas. Nice list but how about a list of shows that I would be interested in that have little chance:

Karen, Harris Against the World, Tom, Dick and Mary, No Time For Sergeants, Wendy and Me, The Tycoon, The Jean Arthur Show, Run Buddy Run, Rango, Pruitts of Southhampton, Five Fingers, Bus Stop, Mr. Broadway, Greatest Show on Earth, The Reporter, The Good Life, Temperatures Rising, The Paul Lynde, Second Hundred Years, Love on a Rooftop, Nancy, Occasional Wife, Garrison's Gorillas, The Blue Light, Man Who Never Was, Baileys of Balboa, The Cara Williams Show, Many Happy Returns, Hank, Camp Runamuck, Pistols 'n Petticoats, Saints and Sinners, The Great Adventure, Ichabod and Me, The Bing Crosby Show, Mickey, Valetine's Day, Man Called Shenandoah, Double Life of Henry Phyfe, The Don Rickles Show, My Friend Tony, Coronet Blue, The Immortal, The Young Lawyers, Longstreet, Mr. Roberts, The Loner, Trials Of O'Brien, Hey Landlord, It's About Time, The Hero, T.H.E. Cat, He and She, Accidental Family, Blondie, The Outsider, The Debbie Reynolds Show, For the People, Make Room For Granddaddy, Dan August, Manhunter, Most Wanted, Assignment: Vienna, Funny Face, Here We Go Again, A Touch of Grace.

And that's only about a decades worth, from the early 60s to early 70s.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Neil Brock said:
Most of those one-season shows are either cartoons, westerns or sci-fi. Few sitcoms or dramas. Nice list but how about a list of shows that I would be interested in that have little chance:

Karen, Harris Against the World, Tom, Dick and Mary, No Time For Sergeants, Wendy and Me, The Tycoon, The Jean Arthur Show, Run Buddy Run, Rango, Pruitts of Southhampton, Five Fingers, Bus Stop, Mr. Broadway, Greatest Show on Earth, The Reporter, The Good Life, Temperatures Rising, The Paul Lynde, Second Hundred Years, Love on a Rooftop, Nancy, Occasional Wife, Garrison's Gorillas, The Blue Light, Man Who Never Was, Baileys of Balboa, The Cara Williams Show, Many Happy Returns, Hank, Camp Runamuck, Pistols 'n Petticoats, Saints and Sinners, The Great Adventure, Ichabod and Me, The Bing Crosby Show, Mickey, Valetine's Day, Man Called Shenandoah, Double Life of Henry Phyfe, The Don Rickles Show, My Friend Tony, Coronet Blue, The Immortal, The Young Lawyers, Longstreet, Mr. Roberts, The Loner, Trials Of O'Brien, Hey Landlord, It's About Time, The Hero, T.H.E. Cat, He and She, Accidental Family, Blondie, The Outsider, The Debbie Reynolds Show, For the People, Make Room For Granddaddy, Dan August, Manhunter, Most Wanted, Assignment: Vienna, Funny Face, Here We Go Again, A Touch of Grace.

A Great list. I'd love to have a bunch of em (especially He and She and T.H.E. Cat). I just wish we a snowball's chance on most of these.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Neil Brock said:

Boy, some of those titles take me back! I can still hum the theme song to The Double Life of Henry Phyfe. Been trying to do something about that for nearly 50 years!

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Another series I'm kind of shocked that has never been released is "Relativity". Does anyone here remember it? It was on in the fall of 1996 and starred Kimberly Williams and David Conrad as two Americans who meet while in Italy, fall in love, and try to make it together when they go back home to the states.

I know it was from the same folks who made "My So-Called Life" and "Thirtysomething", and the latter two have been released, so I'm at a loss to figure out why this hasn't been since, like MSCL, it ran only one season. I don't recall any really heavy popular music use in the episodes, so for whatever reason, this show is likely just collecting dust in a vault.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
swan4022 said:
Donny & Marie? :wub:
If you are referring to the 1970's variety show, one volume of the Best of Donny & Marie has been released. For some reason, probably poor sales, further sets were not released. Also released at the same time was their 1978 Christmas Special.

If you are referring to their talk show, then it may not ever see a release. Outside of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, there hasn't been very many talk shows released. I'd love to see a release of the 70's Dinah Shore or Merv Griffin Shows.

At one time there was talk of a Best of Dinah Shore being released but that never materialized.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Neil Brock said:

some of these shows i dont know, or at least the titles of the shows bring back no memory.

but i forgot all about occasional wife and love on a rooftop. and i have no recall of them, other than i recall that i liked them, as a kid.

this is one of the best things about this site and "old-time" events or conversations - stuff comes back that is buried in our sub-conscious, but that which we have "completely forgotten about" !!!!!

and the second hundred years - i do recall, but again had slipped my mind. if that is the one where monte markham is restored back to life after having been in a deep freeze for 100 years ? that was cute - and it had a good premise for the show.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
jimmyjet said:
and the second hundred years - i do recall, but again had slipped my mind. if that is the one where monte markham is restored back to life after having been in a deep freeze for 100 years ? that was cute - and it had a good premise for the show.
Yes, that was the premise, with the kicker being that his GRANDSON is the spitting image of the "old" man and his son played by Arthur O'Connell looks like he should be Markham's father, not son.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Richard V said:
Yes, that was the premise, with the kicker being that his GRANDSON is the spitting image of the "old" man and his son played by Arthur O'Connell looks like he should be Markham's father, not son.
Markham as the grandson was a straight-laced, uptight fellow and Markham as the grandfather was a free-wheeling, laid-back, easy-going type.

I remember the promos that played all summer long before the premiere: Dad and son are walking down an urban street. The son uses some sixties slang word that Grandpa doesn't understand and the son says "That's a new language called 1967." Then Grandpa spots a girl walking down the street wearing a micro-miniskirt and asks, "Is that a part of the language?" to which the son replies "That's very MUCH a part!"

And I remember the opening credits explained the series premise using what appeared to be the avalanche footage from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Rob_Ray said:
Markham as the grandson was a straight-laced, uptight fellow and Markham as the grandfather was a free-wheeling, laid-back, easy-going type.

I remember the promos that played all summer long before the premiere: Dad and son are walking down an urban street. The son uses some sixties slang word that Grandpa doesn't understand and the son says "That's a new language called 1967." Then Grandpa spots a girl walking down the street wearing a micro-miniskirt and asks, "Is that a part of the language?" to which the son replies "That's very MUCH a part!"

And I remember the opening credits explained the series premise using what appeared to be the avalanche footage from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
That promo: http://youtu.be/9QOtLN4xJK0?t=19s

Opening credits:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks