What's new

Shows that need to be redone (1 Viewer)

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
I would love it if they redid the first few seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore show. The menus are horrible for one reason only: NO PLAY ALL function. All they would have to do is add that button for me and I'd be happy. From my understanding by season 4 they finally added the play all function, but come on! Who is the hell said "no" to the play all button?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney

AYBS (at least in region 1) doesn't really need a reissue as all of the episodes are complete and unedited (unlike the R2/R4 versions). You can bet that BBC Wordwide will try to squeeze every last dollar out of US fans and will put out a single disc release with the restored colour pilot episode, probably with the 2009 documentary and/or other things as bonus features to help fill it out. Don't belive me? They did put out a single-disc release of all the Christmas episodes (despite all those being in the complete set).

I actually wouldn't mind having the restored color pilot on dvd. They did a pretty good job. And I also wouldn't mind at least a couple episodes of the Australian version. I was told for years that the episodes no longer existed, yet I've seen bits of them on youtube. They must be out there somewhere. I don't think I need to see all of the episodes, since most of them are just (bad) remakes of the UK versions. But I think there were at least one or two original scripts in there.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

I actually wouldn't mind having the restored color pilot on dvd. They did a pretty good job. And I also wouldn't mind at least a couple episodes of the Australian version. I was told for years that the episodes no longer existed, yet I've seen bits of them on youtube. They must be out there somewhere. I don't think I need to see all of the episodes, since most of them are just (bad) remakes of the UK versions. But I think there were at least one or two original scripts in there.

I'm pretty sure BBC Worldwide will unleash the restored pilot as a single-disc release along with some bonus material to beef it up (probably the recent documentary that aired back-to-back with the restored episode on TV).

As for the Australian version, yes, I, too, would like to see it. On one of the message boards I frequent, someone said that it seems the episodes are in the Australian network's archives after all (not destroyed). And yes, you're right, all but one of the episodes are remakes of British scripts (they were remakes of episodes that hadn't been shown in Australia at the time these went out, so it was all 'new' material to the audience of the time).

I'd like to see the Beane's of Boston pilot, too. Most people claim it was unaired, but I do remember the name from a TV promo that aired during my youth (if the naysayers are correct then perhaps, if it didn't run during the summer--as many failed pilots did--it might've been planned/scheduled and pulled at the last minute).

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Of all the items listed above, I'd have to say that LOST IN SPACE seems the most likely to actually get a reissue. It's a popular sci-fi genre title that they can use to milk the public again and again. I'd expect to see either an improved DVD mastering or a Blu-ray set after the economy rebounds a bit.

While shows like THE FUGITIVE and QUANTUM LEAP tend to be listed in wish lists liked this, the reality is that the music issues aren't going away and they're simply not going to sink any more money in it to appease a smallish population of fans. It breaks my heart - but that's the reality of it.

Harry

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sitting here and watching Twilight Zone on Blu, i really wish Universal would go back to the begining and do all the Alfred Hitchcock Presents with the same kind of care and also finis the series out at the same time, some are just muddy picture, double sided disc, and varing sound

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks