What's new

Shows Sony Need To Release on DVD (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Seeing as Sony is continuing The Nanny, Barney Miller and Married With Children am hoping for some of the shows on my original list to be released this year.

If they continuing/reviving shows how about, Season 2 of Strong Medicine, Season 2 of She Spies, Season 4 of Party Of Five, Season 4 of The Facts Of Life, Season 4 of Charlie's Angels, Season 2 of Huff, Season 7 of The Jeffersons, Season 2 of 227, Season 7 of All In the Family, Season 2 of Who's the Boss, Season 4 of Mad About You, Season 2 of Ned & Stacey, Season 2 of Archie Biunker's Place, Season 2 of Benson, Season 2 of Maude, Season 2 of Hazel, Season 3 of Diff'rent Strokes, Seasons 3&4 of Family, Season 2 of Fantasy Island, Season 2 of Here Come the Brides, Season 3 of The Flying Nun, Season 3 of Hart To Hart, Season 2 of Jeff Foxworthy Show, Season 2 of Larry Sanders Show, Season 2 of Police Woman, Season 2 of S.W.A.T., Season 2 of The Rookies, Season 2 of Silver Spoons, Season 3 of T.J. Hooker, Season 2 of V.I.P., Season 2 of What's Happening Now!

There are so many abandoned Sony shows I would love to own, hoping we may get one or two this year at least

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Lord have mercy; I had no idea that they were that big of flakes...! C'mon, Sony--get off the dime already!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well we know now that Sony is doing terribly; sales are off about 90% in Japan. Our best hope at this point is that they are driven out of business and have to sell off their television properties. Maybe some clever enterprenuir will salvage those tv shows and get them onto dvd properly.

~~I'm just sayin'!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If they have to sell or spin off Columbia Pictures (including the film/TV library that goes with it), things can only go up.

Of course they brought the situation on themselves by throwing four dozen shows to the wall to see if they would stick.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I have to agree with you both. Sony doesn't seem to be doing well at all. Their sales are terrible and if you've spoken to anyone in their offices, you'll know that they don't know anything about their product. I spoke to someone in their tv divison and he went on about how fans have been calling lately for more "Good Times". Huh? "Good Times" has been out in completion for several years now. He clearly didn't know anything about classic tv and told me that minisodes are very popular and kept talking about hulu.com. I didn't even have the words to argue with him.

It would be great if someone else could get a hold of Sony's classic tv library and actually do something with it. 'Cause they sure as hell aren't doing anything.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
They first need to finish off releasing series that they have already started such as The Jeffersons and All in the Family before starting several new series. It's like complete one series then move on to the next.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I know they have about 31 shows they have not been completed as my list in a previous post shows

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

There is no "more" Good Times. It's all out there.

Hulu offers nothing that isn't already on DVD except for a smattering of Archie Bunker's Place and Benson episodes not yet out. And whoever invented minisodes should have been one of the 16,000 who lost their jobs.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, it was obvious he didn't know what he was talking about. He was one of those guys that wanted to sound like everything he said was "new and exciting" and I felt like saying "where the hell have you been? This is old news." :laugh:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I like the 'minisodes'
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I'm impressed when they can take an hour show and cut it down to 5 minutes. "Cream of classic tv".

The most entertaining ones are "The Three Stooges"
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks