What's new

Shows like "You Bet Your Life", future quality volumes if extras run dry? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
With all the TV shows trying to make it out to DVD, it really is great to see that Shout! will be releasing what looks like another quality volume of "You Bet Your Life" in under two weeks from now. From reading past threads and checking out listings from Amazon, this one will have more great extras which will be in the same vein as "-the lost episodes". For a show of this type, (and that is odd saying that since its such a unique hybrid of game/talk show :) ) that I'm wondering if this show would sell enough in future volumes if extras were to "run dry" and still get the great clean up that these two volumes are getting?

Shows like the "Honeymooners" came out with no extras, but is still shown on TV stations and has a good fan base. "I Love Lucy" has a great fan base and gets lots of extras (but would sell even with no extras), but it's the shows like "Jack Benny" that is rarely on stations anymore, same goes for "You Bet Your Life". Believe me when I say I'm very thankful that "YBYL" is going to have two quality volumes with great extras, but even if extras get lean I hope that we might be treated to future volumes with the same quality to it. :D

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I would definitely stiil buy these even if the extras start to get lean because it isn't really their fault. It isn't like they can bring back Groucho to do commentary on episodes or even a look back at the show from Groucho's retrospective on the show. There is only so much extra material they have in the vaults because most shows didn't know they would need it all these years later. What can they really do?

I loved the first set and I already have the second set pre-ordered.

Paul

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I will continue to buy these releases from Shout Factory, even if the extras do dry up.

Having said that, I must also add that the extras on the latest set ("The Best Episodes") are amazing. I mean had ANYONE ever seen "The Plot Thickens" pilot much less known of its existence before this release?

Great stuff ("Best Episodes" on the left, "Lost Episodes" on the right):

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
The folks who used to run Rhino Records are the same ones now at Shout. They have an outstanding track record when it comes to putting together both audio and video packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks