What's new

Shows in my collection which I am doubtful will be entirely released. (1 Viewer)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Top of the list for me is Barney Miller because the lack of follow-up after 13 months to a first season, 13 episode only release is really discouraging.

MTM Show I am also skeptical of but the fact that a second season is likely to happen now is at least one avenue of hope that I don't have at this time for Barney.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
There are actually 5 seasons to The Incredible Hulk, because the first 13 episodes in the initial year (including the 1977 two hour TV pilot movie) aired in the spring of 1978.

John*P

Second Unit
Malcolm in the Middle - Music clearances are holding back seasons 2 on...

Punky Brewster - Shout! Factory do not own the rights to seasons 3 & 4, but that doesn't mean that whomever does own them won't eventually release them, or license them to someone for release...

Married with Children - I know the theme music change turned off some potential buyers of the season 3 set...hopefully not so many that the series will be discontinued on DVD.

Alf - Don't get me started...

Laverne & Shirley/Diff'rent Strokes - These shows lasted several seasons; who knows if we'll see them all released.

Upright Citizens Brigade - It doesn't seem as if we're getting seasons 2 & 3 anytime soon, if ever...

Who's the Boss? - OK, I don't own season 1, but am contemplating buying it. I definitely have doubts about every season of this show being released.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Actually, though I just asked why on this board, I think the reason may be the confusing production history:

The original run of Punky Brewster was September 24, 1984 to September 7, 1986 on NBC, whose production unit produced the show's first 44 episodes. After that, NBC sold the syndication rights for $60 million to Columbia Pictures Television, who produced the final 44 episodes, aired in first-run syndication between November 1987 and May 1988. All episodes in this country are currently syndicated by Sony Pictures Television, while NBC controls non-US distribution for what I assume would be the whole series, and, apparently, home video rights only for seasons 1 and 2.

But the home video rights being held between two different companies? This has to be the world's dumbest arrangement. Did Shout! Factory know about this before hand? I was relieved to think Sony didn't have the home video rights, now I want to, well, Shout!

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

I asked about speeding up Doctor Who on the Restoration Team (who restore them) Forum.

They slow pace is set by BBC Worldwide who release the DVDs and feel that every other month maximises sales. This however was based on sales of VHS not DVD.
As I said then given the age profile of Doctor Who fans they are now older with more money (I was a student when the VHS were released) so can afford to buy more.

The feeling was the Restoration Team could double output to a series a month, whilst maintaining the standard of restoration and extras. However the BBC won't let them.

Also they now have to fit in DVD releases of the new series this year so no chance of an increase in pace until 2006 at the earliest I guess. The BBC don't seem to want a new and old series DVD released in same month. Apart from we may get both in November and none in December to maximise Christmas sales

In terms of other TV series I would love to see Mission Impossible and Man From Uncle.

tom_tagliente

Stunt Coordinator
Well again my hopes are still there for FALCON CREST. However, with the DALLAS set taking so long (and possibly selling poorly) I hope this will not hiner FALCON CREST from debuting on DVD very soon.

Everyone who loves FALCON CREST, PLEASE vote for it on www.tvshowsondvd.com

Thanks.

T

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

I think, even that is better than U.S. release patterns, we get them what feels like every third quarter or maybe every other quarter. It varies but we do not get them every other month and U.S. releases have fallen a little bit more behind the U.K. releases.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Shows I own that look doubtful to see complete releases
Ordered most hopeless and down
Once and Again
Party of Five
Who's the Boss
Tru Calling

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads