Shows are really getting good again...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 12, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

A few years ago, there was a three year period where the only shows I watched where Letterman, Price is Right, and Ben Steins Money. I hardly cared about turning on the tube, much less taping shows.

Now I'm back to my old TV watching habits, just like when I was back in highschool.

We've still got Letterman, Price is Right, and Ben Steins Money. But, now we've also got two hours of Pyramid and Familly Fued, Whoopie less Hollywood Squares(no offense to Whoopie, who I like, but I'm tuning in a bit more now). We've also got the new He-Man show, the new Turtles show, and a rumored new Thundercats show. Amazing Race in all it's numbered forms, Enterprise, and Smallville.

Anyone else finding themselves watching more TV than usual now?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

There's a lot of good TV on right now. Part of it's a bunch of feature talent from both sides of the camera hitting the small screen - I mean, jeez, Friday on CBS alone gives us a David Koepp show with David Morse and a Michael Mann show with Tom Sizemore! I'm trying to get my recording plans down to a minimum, so that I can watch more postseason baseball and movies, but it's tough - this is a really strong season, and half of Fox's schedule hasn't started yet!

3. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Ben Stein's money is HORRIBLY unfunny, and isn't worth watching, however I do agree. TV today is getting MUCH better than late 90's. West Wing is the best written show on tv. CSI is amazing, and of course we have the Sopranos here now in Canada, which is a definite treat. Still waiting for Simpsons of course and I would like another good comedy as I think most of the new comedies I've seen so far (can't remember names) are pretty lame. And I still haven't seen the Osbornes!!!

I'm not a gameshow guy at ALL, and Saturday morning cartoons STILL suck IMO but Amazing Race is the best reality show on tv now. (I've never seen the Mole).

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

5. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

I've been a c-band dish owner for 15 years, never had cable, and had an outside antenna to pick up over-the-air local networks. Because of the many programs available on satellite, I very rarely, if ever, watched network TV.

After getting a 16:9 TV about a year ago, I was anxious to see what HD-TV was all about. I bought an over-the-air Set Top Box and upgraded my outside antenna. AMAZING!

I now watch CBS, ABC, PBS, and The WB because of the quality of the HD broadcast. I'll watch a mediocre show only because of the quality of the picture. My satellite has become second fiddle and used mostly for backhaul sports and news feeds.

Since I've begun to watch network shows again, I've discovered some really good shows. CSI, SMALLVILLE and THE DISTRICT are all quality shows and the fact they look 'killer' in HD is a bonus.

SMART TRAVELS with RUDY MAXA has become a favorite show because I find it interesting, as well as being the best looking HD I've seen as of yet.

-Gary