What's new

Showing off your system: Best Movies to watch?.. (1 Viewer)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
My Current Selections that I have found to be excellent sound for showing off your home theatre is,

U571
Behind Enemy Lines
Swordfish

Im wanting to add to my collection, what do you think are the best to show off your system?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
One of my favorites is Pearl Harbor. I usually have relatives coming over and figure they can identify with that a little more than some of my other movies.

Switch to the bombing scene right away. Its funny seeing them looking behind when they hear the whizzing of the bullets, and plane engines.

That movie playing on my tv actually got my mother in law (dammit she got the tv I always wanted, but shes got the cash) and uncle in law to go buy a HDTV within days of seeing mine.

Another good movie is Toy Story 1 or 2. Great picture.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

I assume you don't entertain many Poms or people with a knowledge of history? ;)

I think it depends on who you are showing the system to. I've found that people who aren't particuarly into hi-fi or movies are relatively unimpressed by big action/entertainment movies (e.g. Shrek, which is my favourite demo disc) but will be bowled over by DVDs of TV series (e.g. Will and Grace, of all things), because they can see them greater detail than the TV broadcasts.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
We need a sticky around here with some kind of ultimate list of movies to use to show off systems. There's been at least 3 threads (I'm sure alot more) started that I know of for this purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks