What's new

Showgirls V.I.P. Special Edition due July 27th! Ha! (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hey! The package comes with a sleep-mask!

Is that so you can watch it and make sure that your signifigant-other can't see the schlock you are watching? ;)

The tassles just make me giggle...

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I still plan on getting the first edition....I didn't like the movie that much and I have to buy it because I try to buy all the "worst movies" (I have Gigli, From Justin to Kelly, Glitter, etc.)

I don't remeber any nude shots during any of Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie!

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Just a small heads up to all my fellow Canadians who might be interested in buying "Showgirls VIP"...

Originaly there was to be two different boxes. One with the "English" cover/box art (as seen in this thread), and another in "French".

However this has changed and Canada will now be getting a merged "bilingual" box/case. Those of you who hate bilingual cases might want to order this from the U.S.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Just a small heads up to all my fellow Canadians who might be interested in buying "Showgirls VIP"...

Originaly there was to be two different boxes. One with the "English" cover/box art (as seen in this thread), and another in "French".

However this has changed and Canada will now be getting a merged "bilingual" box/case. Those of you who hate bilingual cases might want to order this from the U.S.

Glenn D

Agent
Amazon.ca has 2 up for preorder, one says Showgirls [IMPORT](and shows the normal VIP cover) and the other just says Showgirls (and has no cover art up). Is it safe to assume that the one that says IMPORT won't have any French on it?

Glenn D

Agent
Amazon.ca has 2 up for preorder, one says Showgirls [IMPORT](and shows the normal VIP cover) and the other just says Showgirls (and has no cover art up). Is it safe to assume that the one that says IMPORT won't have any French on it?

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Funny story:

I date fairly intelligent, fairly conservative women. They ALL like "Showgirls". All agree that the rape scene is the worst part and wasn't needed.

So, guys, maybe it's no joke about the fun stuff being for the ladies! :D

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Here's more info on the Canadian release. This is from a reply to an e-mail I sent DVDsoon.com

"The cover is a bilingual sleeve that you can take off and have only the english cover if you so desire".

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Here's more info on the Canadian release. This is from a reply to an e-mail I sent DVDsoon.com

"The cover is a bilingual sleeve that you can take off and have only the english cover if you so desire".

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor

Seems to me like Verhoeven succeeded entirely, then. All of his films make me feel unpleasant despite the spectacular visuals. I'm fairly sure that's the point. Showgirls is a good example, as are Robocop and Basic Instinct. Starship Troopers is arguably the best of the bunch at disgusting the thinking audience while hiding behind a shallow veneer that has the groundlings hooting and hollering in the theater. It's part of what makes Verhoeven such a singular genius: his constant commentary on the audience and bourgeois society in general. Sometimes art is designed to make the audience feel bad.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor

Seems to me like Verhoeven succeeded entirely, then. All of his films make me feel unpleasant despite the spectacular visuals. I'm fairly sure that's the point. Showgirls is a good example, as are Robocop and Basic Instinct. Starship Troopers is arguably the best of the bunch at disgusting the thinking audience while hiding behind a shallow veneer that has the groundlings hooting and hollering in the theater. It's part of what makes Verhoeven such a singular genius: his constant commentary on the audience and bourgeois society in general. Sometimes art is designed to make the audience feel bad.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

That's the first (and probably the last) time the word "genius" is connected to "Showgirls". And it only gets me to thinking how would Nomi pronounce "bourgeois".

I love this film; it is hilarious campy, nonsense and didn't make me feel unpleasant in the slightest.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

That's the first (and probably the last) time the word "genius" is connected to "Showgirls". And it only gets me to thinking how would Nomi pronounce "bourgeois".

I love this film; it is hilarious campy, nonsense and didn't make me feel unpleasant in the slightest.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
25 days to release. Any reviews yet? Or is it still too early? Despite being non-anamorphic, the transfer on the original DVD looks really good. The new 16:9 transfer on the VIP DVD should look outstanding. I'm also curious as to how the menus will work. Aren't they (the menus) supposed to be fully animated and include full frontal female nudity? I really wish Verhoeven, Berkley, and Gershon would have participated in this release. A commentary track by the three would have been awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks