What's new

show pics of your Norh set-ups (1 Viewer)

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I would like to see pics of these speakers in members homes.
I have seen the website pics.
I have no interest in these speakers for myself, just curious how they look in real world set-ups.

John Gates

Second Unit
Brian,
I'll take some pics tonight and post them tomorrow if possible.
Unfortunately, my green synthetic marble 6.9 drum series speakers are on a plane, being shipped, so I won't be able to show pics of them until the weekend. Until then, you'll have to settle for pics of my wood 4.0s, my 4.1 prism rear center, and the black marble 4.0 center channel.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for asking!
John
------------------

Due N

Grip
Hi Brian, I remember that I still owe you a SVS demo. Since then, I've moved as mentioned and have settled in a bit. Maybe it's time we hook up. I'd like to get Ryan Schnacke to come by too.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I have actually experienced the SVS phenomenon. I set up HT's on the side and put a 16-46 in the last one I did. Pretty darn impressive!!
But I am always up for a little HT demo. Let me know when and where.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I would love to see your new place, Due. And if Brian would like to see the ceramic, I could bring one of my white 4.0s along. If I remember correctly, you replaced your ceramic 4.0s with marble.

Gruson

Second Unit
Add me to this email list. I am in Dallas and would love to check out other peoples' set ups and even show off mine
wink.gif

Anyone up for the speeder bike chase from ROTJ in 5.1 ? :)
------------------
Equipment:
Mitsubishi 65907 65" HDTV ISFd Steve Martin
Yamaha RX-V1000 6.1
Paradigm PW2200
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 40s
CV LS-15s
CV LS-8s
Toshiba 6200 Progressive
Pioneer CLD704 LD
Aura Bass Shakers
1080i DirecTV
See it:
Link Removed

John Gates

Second Unit
HI Brian,
At long last, please follow this link to see the pics of my nOrh gear. I have Green Synthetic Marble 6.9 drums on order, and when they arrive, they will replace my wood 4.0's in the front. I'll update the pics when they arrive.
http://www.geocities.com/givinit2him/
I apologize in advance for the quality of the pics. Normally, my camera takes good snapshots, but the lighting in the theater room is rather dim.
Yes, I already know I need a larger TV and an equipment rack, but it's a work in progress.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
------->John
------------------
System:
Onkyo 787
Mains: nOrh SM 6.9
Center: nOrh marble 4.0
Surrounds: nOrh wood 4.0
Rear Center: nOrh prism 4.1
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS 20-39 CS w/Fidek Amp

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Thanks for posting John.
I was wondering how the Norh's looked in a HT set-up.
Looks like you are building quite a nice media room! But that TV!!! (had to raz ya on that) :)
Gruson, I would like to hear your setup sometime also. I listened to the paradigm studios at hillcrest hi-fi (and B&W) but would like to hear the pardigms in a "real" set up and properly calibrated.
Maybe you, myself, Ryan and Due North can all get together and check out one or two of our systems.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
I'm sorry, but I have to give you crap about that TV as well :)
Once you get that taken care of, that looks like it will be one seriously sweet room. I especially like the rear-couch-on-a-riser...
Sean

John Gates

Second Unit
NP. I hope other nOrh owners will post pics of their setups too. I'd love to see what some others have done.
John
------------------
System:
Onkyo 787
Mains: nOrh SM 6.9 (shipping NOW)
Center: nOrh marble 4.0
Surrounds: nOrh wood 4.0
Rear Center: nOrh prism 4.1
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS 20-39 CS w/Fidek Amp
Pics: http://www.geocities.com/givinit2him/

Due N

Grip
John, nice setup. Can't comment on your TV... cuz mine is even worse.
wink.gif
Of course, it's work in progress as well.
Gruson - Brian, Ryan, Jeff and myself are getting together this Saturday morning. Email me if you'd like to join us. If the date/time is not convenient, we can hook up at another time as well. And yes, I'd like to see other members' setup as well.
wink.gif

[Edited last by Due N on September 06, 2001 at 09:25 AM]

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I thought I was the only one using Garden Ridge pedestals for speaker stands. :)
------------------
What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!
Pinky and the Brain
[Edited last by Bobby T on September 06, 2001 at 02:55 PM]

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Bobby,
No sir!! You got another GR pedestal user here too.
Brian I should have my pics available very soon. I was simply waiting for my 3 remaining Marble 4.0s to show up and they are here now so I will get it all setup ASAP and shoot some pics.
BTW I have an equipment rack and my TV doesn't SUCK!!
Just messin' with ya John!!
BTW folks the pictures John has taken really do not do this setup justice. He has a very well done room and its quite large and comfortable. The TV is his next "upgrade" and we are already going over the pros/cons of doing an RPTV or a FP. Once thats in place his HT Room will kick arse!
Greg

I took some pictures of my nOrh setup as it was this summer, but I had yet to actually put them up anywhere. So I made a page just because of this thread.
I'm actually moved into my dorm room now, but I haven't been able to borrow a digital camera to take pictures of that yet. I had to hang the rear 4.0s from the loft with rope, it's pretty crazy.
Anyway, you can take a look at what the system looked like when I had it at my dad's office.
Summer Setup

John Gates

Second Unit
Ben,
I really like the looks of those ceramic 4.0's. Who else but nOrh has blue speakers?
biggrin.gif

I need to get some better light in my HT room so I can take better pics. I'll bet your dad's office is shakin with that system...
yum.gif

How do you like it?
John

Bryan Eiselt

Auditioning
Welp I've just completed my 4.0 Marble set-up and although I don't have a web page for the pics I'd be more than happy to email pic's to anyone interested. Alternatively, I don't mind if someone is willing/interested in posting my pic's along side theirs.
JIC my email address is [email protected]
Bry

John,
I absolutely love it. I never got the nOrhs totally broken while they were still in the office, but they sounded completely awesome. The SVS also seems to love that space, even though that room is connected to a much larger area, the bass is amazing.
I plan to do a full review of my system soon. It's somewhat unique seeing as how almost everything came from internet-direct companies (SVS, nOrh, Outlaw), so I figure people should know what you can put together when you go this route. Unfortunately, my dorm room has proven to be acoustically horrible in the low range, and I wanted to do the critical listening for the review here because the speakers are broken in now. I have a 31-band equalizer on the way to remedy this problem. I hope it does the trick.

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
Sept. news on norh's site has a handful of pix.
I've been set for loudspeakers for awhile, so the only pix I have include CD-1, and eventually some Le Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks