What's new

Show off your completed theater rooms here... (1 Viewer)

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Jean Sibelius said:
Hi Bryan, No problem asking :). The screen I use is a 123” Stewart Luxus Electriscreen LX123HST13 (electric because the front wall is also provided with diffusion panels, which I want to become effective when I only listening to music). For the light effects from behind the diffusion panels I use LED-wires which I twisted twice around/under the diffusion panel islands to increase the light intensity and to obtain a more homogenous light distribution. As you (maybe?) can see is the ceiling painted with an ultra mat black painting. To reduce the light loss as much as possible (while no LED-wire is visible) I used a combination of small mirrors and a high reflective painting on the non-visible parts in the cove between the panels and the concrete ceiling. Hope this helps. Best regards, Jan
Thanks so much for the info. I just noticed Spidey in one corner and T-rex in another. Awesome. :)

Real Name
Jan
Brainwasher said:
That ceiling is unreal.
Thanks :)! It took a lot of work and at the end it kept me busy for the whole year 2010 (besides my regular work and two studies), but now I’m really happy with the end result and the fact that I made it as it is. It comprises in total 26 diffusion panels, 6 of the 8 light groups, almost 100m of LED-wire and it’s acoustic design/properties are matched on the reverberation time due to the 7 Helmholtz resonators that are also present in the room. Quick estimate, it took me around 500 to 600 of working hours in total.
bryan4999 said:
Thanks so much for the info. I just noticed Spidey in one corner and T-rex in another. Awesome. :)
Thanks and you’re welcome! Just two small ‘gadgets’ to decorate the room without adversely affecting the room acoustics :D. Spidey was bought by my girlfriend for my birthday, the T-rex I bought me myself (see the story below).
Sam Posten said:
I missed the T-Rex (Sue replica?) skull! Where does one buy one of those????
I bought the R-Rex replica in a big hangar near the place where I live. Just a store for which they buy up complete inventories of all kind of shops that e.g. went bankrupt. They also have connections with firms that tear down buildings and before that collect possible interesting parts (e.g. doors / furniture) for the 2nd hand market. The first time I saw this T-Rex (just after going back to see where Spidey came from), I wanted to buy it immediately but my girlfriend persuaded me to leave it there so that she could give it to me as a gift (bad decision!) as two months later the shop was closed and nobody answered my phone calls and/or e-mails. Finally after 8 months the shop went open again (I was tipped by a colleague) and the T-Rex skull was still standing on the same place as a year ago. It appeared that they did not have any staff to keep the shop open. So I bought it immediately (even with discount). This hangar is located in the south of the Netherlands (nearby Eindhoven), but I’ve seen it also on the Internet (just being curious what the original price was). Really nice thing and an eye catcher, so if you can get one, buy it! Best regards, Jan

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wow I guess I know what I'm asking for Christmas next year! http://www.prehistoricstore.com/category.php?class=Dinosaurs&type=Skulls http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Skull-Large-W-Stand/dp/B000A3FYLM http://www.dinosaursrocksuperstore.com/Dinosaur-Replicas-Dinosaur-Skulls-s/33.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks