What's new

Show off your completed theater rooms here... (1 Viewer)

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
So I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for those that have finished their home theater rooms to both show off what they have, and help others to see different finished projects for ideas.
Post up whatcha got!

gerrtrty

Auditioning
Real Name
Grace
Over the past years' development, Hermes Scarf Replica has became the wonderful luxuries around the world. All kinds of high quality Hermes Scarves, the quality and after-sales service of which have no any difference with original one. Employ a second look at the total look and feel on the handbag along with the company’s brand logo is printed, shipped or put into a good deal with your designer handbag replica.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
I am doing the finishing touches on my room now. I am hoping to have it complete in the next week.
I hit a little snag when I realized the furniture I ordered would not fit through the door to the room and the narrow walkway. I ended up having to take down a wall to make a way to get the furniture in.
I've got one more piece of furniture to move in the room, then the wall to put back up.
I'll post pictures soon.

KF66

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelvin
Here is my completed project. Started in March of this year by gutting three rooms at the basement level. The largest of the three rooms would include a small home theatre and open space for other activities (kids' games, etc). Total room dimensions are 13' W x 21' L x 7'8" H.
The room was functionally complete by June, but then work continued on the adjoing bedroom and bath. Only in the past month has the final trim, stain, and painting been completed.
More images and details here:
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/system-showcase/view.php?userid=189175
-K

KF66

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelvin
Thanks! The "reno" involved pulling everything out of a decades-old basement "rec room" and rebuilding from the studs and concrete floor on up. We redid the walls, wiring, and plumbing. So, as we progressed, it made more sense to indulge in a more functional theatre area while we had the open walls. With that, I hit upon the idea of building hardwood "pilasters" (1/2" ply over simple 2x4 stud build-outs) and run wires in-wall and in ceiling. I was actually amazed that I used almost 150' of wire for the 7 speaker locations (the room is only 13' front to back)... I guess it really adds up!
The old room was so awkward in its composition that we really had to re-work it. For example, the old TV position (by previous owners) was put inside a "niche" about 2' deep x 4' wide right at the bottom of the stairs. That niche is now a closet and the TV area is at the far end of the new space so that there is no cross-traffic through the viewing area.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
Just finished and tested everything out a few days ago.
I went with more of a functional room. Meaning, I didn't want the room to "look" like it was beautiful, but instead wanted to focus on picture and sound quality and performance. The walls and ceilings were covered in 1/2 inch soundboard, then covered again in thick black carpet. This did two things; it allowed for sound absorption, and light absorption. I can really crank up the volume and bass, and it is really hard to hear it outside of the room even at some of the louder levels. It also allowed the focus to be on the screen, and not the light reflecting on the walls, ceiling or decorations.
It may not be what some would want, but for me it is perfect!

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
CALL911 said:
Just finished and tested everything out a few days ago.
I went with more of a functional room. Meaning, I didn't want the room to "look" like it was beautiful, but instead wanted to focus on picture and sound quality and performance. The walls and ceilings were covered in 1/2 inch soundboard, then covered again in thick black carpet. This did two things; it allowed for sound absorption, and light absorption. I can really crank up the volume and bass, and it is really hard to hear it outside of the room even at some of the louder levels. It also allowed the focus to be on the screen, and not the light reflecting on the walls, ceiling or decorations.
It may not be what some would want, but for me it is perfect!
Very nice. May I ask what kind of screen that is?
Love the look of your walls. I used dark chocolate brown paint in my HT, with red highlights and brown leather furniture. With the lights on, it looks a bit like a gentleman's club (as that term was used in the days of Fred Astaire, not in today's Las Vegas ;) ) and with the lights out there is virtually no light reflection at all.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
bryan4999 said:
Very nice. May I ask what kind of screen that is?
Love the look of your walls. I used dark chocolate brown paint in my HT, with red highlights and brown leather furniture. With the lights on, it looks a bit like a gentleman's club (as that term was used in the days of Fred Astaire, not in today's Las Vegas ;) ) and with the lights out there is virtually no light reflection at all.
First off, thanks for the compliment.
Very nice choice for your setup. It sounds like you had similar plans as I did. Its really nice to have both the sound reasoning, and the light absorption and all you see hear and feel is the movie, TV show, or game.
My screen is a high definition grey 133" diagonal screen made by Elitech, a company out of California. The screen is wonderful. After seeing many of my friends do it yourself screens, I am glad I spent the money on mine. It seems like the painted do it yourself screens get the job done, but lack the quality and detail of a real screen. The do it yourself cloth screens are better, but still don't nail the detail and definition the professional made screen does. Elitech was the most economical screen company I found, and was very happy with my purchase. The junky cell phone pic I took does not come close to doing the screens high definition performance the justice it deserves.

Real Name
Jan
Although never finished, herewith some pictures of the current status of my home cinema / listerning room :)
New updates will probably be the Confidence Center and/or new processor (not decided which one yet)...
Best regards,
Jan

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Jean Sibelius said:
Although never finished, herewith some pictures of the current status of my home cinema / listerning room :)
aa173b3f_set-up.jpeg
dc82db09_ruimte.jpeg
e89db267_beamer2.jpeg
493c496a_achterzijde.jpeg
New updates will probably be the Confidence Center and/or new processor (not decided which one yet)... Best regards, Jan
Love that high ceiling, and your lighting is fantastic.

Real Name
Jan
CALL911 said:
Jan, that looks like a pretty trick setup you have there. I like it!
Thanks Call911 for the compliments! I’m really happy with my dedicated room. It took me almost 4.5 years from scratch to its current status, but the part which I’m most proud off is that a significant part of the work was done by myself.
Sam Posten said:
What's a confidence center? Is that a name brand of a center speaker? Beautiful space!
Thank you Sam! My current centre speaker is a Dynaudio Contour SX which might be replaced in the near future by a Dynaudio Confidence center speaker. Although the Contour SX is a pretty good centre speaker (matching my Dynaudio Contour 3.3’s which I now use in my living room) it is pretty clear that is lacks audio performance compared with the rest of my speakers being from the Dynaudio Confidence series.
bryan4999 said:
Love that high ceiling, and your lighting is fantastic.
Thanks! The inner ‘ideal’ dimensions of this room form the basis of the whole building, resulting in a total height of the room of approximately 109 inches (length 293 inches, width 231 inches); the remaining (seeing) height of the ceiling is now approximately 100 inches. I included in total 8 separately controllable light groups in this room, now still controlled via a separate remote but my next task is to program my Philips Pronto remote to include also the light (i.e. and use only 1 remote instead of the current 5 / 6 remotes). Best regards, Jan

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Jean Sibelius said:
Thanks Call911 for the compliments! I’m really happy with my dedicated room. It took me almost 4.5 years from scratch to its current status, but the part which I’m most proud off is that a significant part of the work was done by myself. Thank you Sam! My current centre speaker is a Dynaudio Contour SX which might be replaced in the near future by a Dynaudio Confidence center speaker. Although the Contour SX is a pretty good centre speaker (matching my Dynaudio Contour 3.3’s which I now use in my living room) it is pretty clear that is lacks audio performance compared with the rest of my speakers being from the Dynaudio Confidence series. Thanks! The inner ‘ideal’ dimensions of this room form the basis of the whole building, resulting in a total height of the room of approximately 109 inches (length 293 inches, width 231 inches); the remaining (seeing) height of the ceiling is now approximately 100 inches. I included in total 8 separately controllable light groups in this room, now still controlled via a separate remote but my next task is to program my Philips Pronto remote to include also the light (i.e. and use only 1 remote instead of the current 5 / 6 remotes). Best regards, Jan
May I ask - what is the screen size and how did you accomplish that ribbon of blue around the ceiling?

Real Name
Jan
bryan4999 said:
May I ask - what is the screen size and how did you accomplish that ribbon of blue around the ceiling?
Hi Bryan, No problem asking :). The screen I use is a 123” Stewart Luxus Electriscreen LX123HST13 (electric because the front wall is also provided with diffusion panels, which I want to become effective when I only listening to music). For the light effects from behind the diffusion panels I use LED-wires which I twisted twice around/under the diffusion panel islands to increase the light intensity and to obtain a more homogenous light distribution. As you (maybe?) can see is the ceiling painted with an ultra mat black painting. To reduce the light loss as much as possible (while no LED-wire is visible) I used a combination of small mirrors and a high reflective painting on the non-visible parts in the cove between the panels and the concrete ceiling. Hope this helps. Best regards, Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks