What's new

Shout TV Programs? (1 Viewer)

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
And Simon & Simon was completed. Loved the show as I grew up with it as a kid, but surprised sometimes by what gets completed and what doesn't.

My guess is that no two shows are alike when it comes to making a DVD release deal.

Perhaps the return on investment (sales) vs the licensing costs just works out for some, but not others.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Just heard back from Shout via Facebook and they stated they do not own the rights to the last two seasons of Police Woman, so not sure who would then present those said seasons on DVD, if it came down to doing as such.

Of course they don't say things like this when they are releasing season one, only after they quit releasing seasons. I bet a lot of people wouldn't have bought any of Shout's limited releases if they knew they were limited.

The problem is that Shout overprices their box sets and doesn't follow through to complete them.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Well, Shout never finished SCTV, either. But the fact that no one mentioned it tells me that people aren't looking for it.

I think I heard the complete SCTV was released somewhere... Australia perhaps?

Chikaba

Auditioning
Real Name
Chikaba
May I Come in Madam is really shouting and laughing for me. I really enjoy the show.

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
These five TV Series' that Shout! Factory started on DVD, but, haven't yet finished on DVD haven't yet been mentioned in this thread.

Shout! Factory released seasons 1 and 2 of Blossom, but, still haven't released seasons 3, 4 and 5.

Shout! Factory released seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 of California Dreams, but, still haven't released season 5.

Shout! Factory released seasons 1 and 2 of Parker Lewis Can't Lose, but, still haven't released season 3.

Shout! Factory released seasons 1 and 2 of Small Wonder, but, still haven't released seasons 3 and 4.

Shout! Factory released seasons 1 and 2 of The Paper Chase, but, still haven't released seasons 3 and 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks