What's new

Press Release Shout Select Press Release: The Pianist (2002) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ThePianist_BR_Cover_72dpi-1.png

WINNER OF 3 ACADEMY AWARDS®!*

Director Roman Polanski won both an Oscar®* and a BAFTA for this compelling film which is based on a true story. They were degraded, they were hoarded up, and they were sent to die. A brave few fought back, but one man would not be beaten, would not be taken, and would remain defiant. Wladyslaw Szpilman (Adrien Brody in an Oscar®-winning* performance), a brilliant Polish pianist, a Jew, escapes deportation. Forced to live in the heart of the Warsaw ghetto, he shares the suffering, the humiliation and the struggles, and manages to escape and hide in the ruins of the capital.

*2002: Best Actor: Adrien Brody; Best Director: Roman Polanski; Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay: Ronald Harwood

July 13, 2021

2021-04-12_12-21-43.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I already have this on Blu Ray... this doesn’t say if it’s a new transfer or not. I’ll get it if the bonus features are new and/or better...

Reactions: PMF

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ok, haven't seen this posted before (and don't see a recent thread on this), but looks like Studio Canal apparently just released a new, much improved 4K and remastered BD in the UK. Probably worth importing unless they plan to release it over here before long...

Wonder if they'll update the streaming digitals on the various platforms over here first... :P but I suppose probably not unless the particular digital is/was licensed via Studio Canal -- there appears to be 2 separate versions on iTunes and Vudu now w/ at least one (from each) linked to Movies Anywhere (and probably can't be purchased anymore). I will say the ones currently on iTunes and Vudu that are linked to MA do already look quite respectable for the most part (at least for HD digitals anyway... and might've fooled me into thinking they might be from some new transfer/master), but definitely not quite as sharp/detailed and robust as the screencaps from the new, remastered BD -- not quite sure what's up w/ my stream of MA's version (at least via web browser on my PC), but that one looks quite-weak-to-awful... but could just be something odd going on w/ my browser...

_Man_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks