What's new

Press Release Shout Select Press Release: Midnight Run (1988) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
MidRun_UHD_Cover_72dpi.optimized.png

Synopsis​

"DE NIRO AND GRODIN ARE JUST BRILLIANT TOGETHER..." – Scott Weinberg, eFilmCritic.com
Jack Walsh (Robert De Niro) is a tough ex-cop turned bounty hunter. Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas (Charles Grodin) is a sensitive accountant who embezzled $15 million from the mob, gave it to charity and then jumped bail. Jack's in for a cool $100,000 if he can deliver The Duke from New York to L.A. on time ... and alive. Sounds like just another Midnight Run (a piece of cake in bounty hunter slang), but it turns into a cross-country chase. The FBI wants The Duke to testify, the mob wants him for revenge, and Walsh wants him to just shut up. If someone else doesn't do the job, the two unlikely partners may end up killing each other in this hilarious, action-filled ride from producer/director Martin Brest (Beverly Hills Cop).

Bonus Features​

• Being Jack Walsh – An Interview With Actor Robert De Niro
  • We've Got The Duke – An Interview With Actor Charles Grodin
  • Moscone Bail Bonds – An Interview With Actor Joe Pantoliano
  • Hey Marvin! – An Interview With Actor John Ashton
  • I'm Mosely! – An Interview With Actor Yaphet Kotto
  • Midnight Writer – An Interview With Writer George Gallo
  • Vintage "Making Of" Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer

mid.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
No new extras, not that there weren't enough already. Will have to wait for reviews on this one to see if it's worth the upgrade.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
While I'm unsure whether the regular Blu-ray in this 4K set is the well liked previous or a new transfer but I have to say that this is the best it's looked on home video. I had the Image letterboxed DVD, that was probably sourced from the laserdisc master and looked fine on a small tube TV. The Universal DVD was a total disappointment, I assumed the Blu-ray was sourced from the same master and so never purchased it. I have streamed it from Prime a couple of times and it looked fine not stellar. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks