Press Release Shout Select Press Release: Going My Way (1944) (Blu-ray)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 7.48.54 PM.png

To celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Going My Way, we are releasing the Best Picture Winner of the 17th Academy Awards on Blu-ray for the first time! PLUS brand-new bonus features to be announced at a later date!

Out September 24, you can pre-order now at: http://bit.ly/GoingMyWay75

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Astairefan

Second Unit
Real Name
Neil Powell
Standing ovation to Shout! for digging deep into Universal's catalog lately!
I agree! It took Shout! long enough to finally decide to release anything I wanted on Blu-ray, but once they started, the onslaught just keeps coming! Now, if only they can get into some of Warner's non-horror stuff from that period...

Reactions: Darby67 and ahollis

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I heard there were special features. Anyone know what?
Since this is being released in September, it's going to be a while before you hear anything about the special features as Shout usually doesn't announce them until about a month before release.

Yet, another film title now being released on Blu-ray that I previously purchased the HD digital from iTunes for $4.99 on March 12th of this year.:rolleyes: Luckily, I really like this movie so I don't mind having it on both disc and in my digital library.:)

battlebeast

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Since this is being released in September, it's going to be a while before you hear anything about the special features as Shout usually doesn't announce them until about a month before release.

Yet, another film title now being released on Blu-ray that I previously purchased the HD digital from iTunes for $4.99 on March 12th of this year.:rolleyes: Luckily, I really like this movie so I don't mind having it on both disc and in my digital library.:)
Please buy more digital copies! (Especially best pic noms.) :rolleyes:

Reactions: B-ROLL and Darby67

LeoA

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Opened my Going My Way/Holiday Inn DVD the other day after getting it several years ago, figuring I should watch it once before this makes it completely obsolescent. :)

I don't know if it was from being in shrinkwrap for a long time (I imagine it had been in an Amazon warehouse for years before I bought it a couple of years ago), but the slipcover sure hasn't aged well at all.

Transfer was pleasant enough looking, but I'm happy to see this be superseded by something even better.

Rodney

Effects Supervisor
Premium
I was thinking about this release today, and went over to Shout Factory to see what bonus features they would add:

Bonus Features
  • A Collection Of Vintage Shorts And Footage Featuring Bing Crosby
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Pop Culture Historian Russell Dyball
  • Screen Guild Theater Radio Adaptation Of Going My Way
  • Re-Release Trailer
  • Photo Galleries
Had no idea who Russell Dyball is. Apparently he is an Associate Producer for Shout Factory. Anyone know if he gives good commentary?

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about this release today, and went over to Shout Factory to see what bonus features they would add:

Bonus Features
  • A Collection Of Vintage Shorts And Footage Featuring Bing Crosby
  • NEW Audio Commentary With Pop Culture Historian Russell Dyball
  • Screen Guild Theater Radio Adaptation Of Going My Way
  • Re-Release Trailer
  • Photo Galleries
Had no idea who Russell Dyball is. Apparently he is an Associate Producer for Shout Factory. Anyone know if he gives good commentary?

He did the commentary for "Dragnet" (Hanks, Aykroyd). Here's what I said in my review:

"A few extras round out the set, and these start with an audio commentary from pop historian Russell Dyball. He offers a running, screen-specific look at the source series and its adaptation, story/characters, cast and performances, editing and deleted/altered scenes, music, sets and locations, costumes, and the movie’s reception/legacy.

Dyball offers a brisk, informative chat. He maintains a rapid-fire pace that allows him to pack a ton of information into the movie’s running time. Expect a top-notch commentary."

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's a sweet and engaging comedy-drama, but winning seven Oscars in a year that brought us Double Indemnity, Laura, Meet Me in St. Louis, Lifeboat, Cover Girl, Since You Went Away, Gaslight, None but the Lonely Heart, The Woman in the Window, The Keys of the Kingdom, Kismet, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Murder My Sweet, Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, The Uninvited, The White Cliffs of Dover, and Wilson is not to be believed!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
It's a sweet and engaging comedy-drama, but winning seven Oscars in a year that brought us Double Indemnity, Laura, Meet Me in St. Louis, Lifeboat, Cover Girl, Since You Went Away, Gaslight, None but the Lonely Heart, The Woman in the Window, The Keys of the Kingdom, Kismet, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Murder My Sweet, Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, The Uninvited, The White Cliffs of Dover, and Wilson is not to be believed!
You can say that again.

bujaki

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'd just eliminate Wilson from that list. I've seen a nitrate 35mm print in lovely Technicolor, and that's all that it's got going for it (well, I guess you could include Knox's and Geraldine Fitzgerald's performances). It's really a dreadfully dull film. Furthermore, this film is hagiography of the worst kind. Even Going My Way is better.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrosmed