What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:
Huh, had no idea additional scenes were shot after the fact. Cliff had this too say on AV Maniacs when he was asked about it: ". . . it's not in Corman's library... and i think it would be tough to find a decent print out there."

THE TERROR frightened me to no end when I saw it as a kid, and the worst part was watching Dick Miller get his eyes ripped out by that hawk. Eye trauma in movies, in general, unsettle me. And, it was on just a couple of months ago, on TCM, and I watched a good chunk of it, but couldn't bear to watch that eye ripping seen again, so I tuned out. Personally, I would love to see a good copy of this put on DVD. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon, though.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
DeWilson said:
Huh, had no idea additional scenes were shot after the fact.
It was mentioned in either PSYCHOTRONIC or CULT MOVIES (or maybe VIDEO WATCHDOG?) a few years ago that Corman shot new scenes with Dick Miller sometime in the 1980s or 1990s in an attempt to create a new version he could secure a copyright on.

Perhaps he never completed the project, or it was all BS?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
That's interesting, Denny. Never knew that. The next time TCM airs it, I'm gonna have to man-up and watch it, not to mention record it, since it may never hit DVD in any shape or form.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by SWFF
That's interesting, Denny. Never knew that. The next time TCM airs it, I'm gonna have to man-up and watch it, not to mention record it, since it may never hit DVD in any shape or form.
The print going around currently is the original one from the AIP Package from MGM - which is the version TCM and THIS play. It's not bad, same goes for their print of BUCKET OF BLOOD, Not sure if either has played MGMHD

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Black Oak Conspiracy and Great Texas Dynamite Chase double feature is listed for pre-order at Amazon on March 22

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I just added the AMAZON link to the opening post. Gotta remind myself that when I get up tomorrow morning to add it to my blog.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Good catch, Gregory! Just added the link, and here's the artwork:

UPDATE: Here are the special features: Audio Commentary with director Steve Carver, trailers, TV Spot.

fe47053a_81pg3EtjUpL__AA1500_.jpg

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Originally Posted by Eric Vedowski
The alternate/original ending was used on the "That's Hollywood" show that was syndicated in the late 70s/early 80s. Does Fox have copies of that? They should. Probably in the episode entitled "You've Never Seen This Before."
It was so long ago, I don't remember if I saw it on that special, or after a network showing of Lucky Lady, but I know I saw it... I remember the ending vividly.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Discovered this piece of artwork on AV Maniacs, but I can find no mention of when it's coming out. AMAZON doesn't seem to have it up for pre-order yet. Cliff, you assistance is needed:

e96d2635_148247_1594468574794_1028314617_31402181_1081108_n.jpg

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Nice, especially given that both seem to be OOP or otherwise costly to obtain.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
RACE WITH THE DEVIL is, yet, another flick that scarred my young brain when I saw it.

scottc1992

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I would hope that some of the bonus stuff (commentaries, etc.) would be ported over or new stuff added.See, Shout!, you guys have spoiled me!

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Shawn, I admire your enthusiasm and I enjoy reading your posts, but I've come across at least a couple where you revealed major plot points to the films you were discussing. How about a friendly neighborhood -SPOILER- warning in advance next time? Thanks!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I added the words (SPOILER ALERT) to cover everything within my MEMORY MOVIES review thread, and, yes, I admit, I got lazy on some of my later reviews and failed to stamp a warning on the post or put the rel event portions in Spoiler Quotes. I just assumed everyone will have gotten used to the way I review and just assume I'm going to spoil parts of the movies.

I'll do better next time with the reviews outside of the my review thread, of which I will be covering the January Corman releases of UP FROM THE DEPTHS, DEMON OF PARADISE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTER and NOT OF THIS EARTH. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm gonna wanna watch WAR OF THE SATELLITES.

You got admit my best review where the spoilers were expertly contained was in DARK HOUSE. At least, I thought so. I had to cover a lot of that one up since the whole movie was structured like a mystery in certain regards.

Gotta start work soon on my BOOGENS review.

Wait, I'm confused, are you referring to my reviews or just normal posts?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Just your posts here. I always assume that when anyone writes a review of a movie it's most likely going to contain unheralded spoilers, which is why I rarely ever read a review of a film that I haven't seen.

I'll be interested to read your review of THE BOOGENS, which I just recently saw when TCM showed it.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Posts. Got it.

THE BOOGENS is a beloved fave of mine and, like all the others I have reviewed on this forum, it will get the customery "love letter" treatment. Hopefully, I plan to start preliminary work on it tomorrow afternoon. Some time in Januray it should be ready to post. I figure I'd do one review a month.

No, wait, I gotta amend that, there will be more than one in Januray due to the Corman movies.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I was just visting AV Maniacs and Cliff made a post there saying that THE WARRIOR AND THE SORCERESS/BARBARIAN QUEEN (Double Feature) "will be available to all retail in 2011." In the meantime, someone at AMAZON is selling a brand new copy of it. Go here if you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks