What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Kudos for TNT Jackson and Savage!. Now if we can get more BLAX[COLOR= #006400]PLOIT[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]ATION[/COLOR] grindhouse films.

Velvet Smooth
The Black Six
The Black Gestapo [COLOR= #ff0000](Quentin Tarantino favorite)[/COLOR]
Disco 9000
Lady Coco
Change of Minds
If He Holler's Let Him Go
Bamboo Gods and Iron Men
The Big Score
Adios Amigo
No Way Back
Mr. Mean
Black Frankenstien
Solomon King

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cliff, what banner is THE VELVET VAMPIRE going out under? Isn't that related to Roger Corman?

cliff mac

Insider
All but WAR.
When we transfered WAR, it looked very cramped in 16:9, so we did it 4x3.

Originally Posted by SWFF
Hey, Cliff, regarding the January releases of UP FROM THE DEPTHS, DEMON OF PARADISE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, NOT OF THIS EARTH and WAR OF THE SATELLITES, which ones are going to be full frame, which ones are going to be anamorphic, and what kind of extras will we be seeing connected to all these gems?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Good to know about THE VELVET VAMPIRE, I altered the opening to post and put it under the Corman titles. Have to admit, I have never heard of that movie in my life. Good to know about all those flicks being anamorphic, too, except for WAR OF THE SATELLITES. That's one I've never heard of either; my primary reason, though, for acquiring that triple feature is, first and foremost, for ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, second, for the NOT OF THIS EARTH original. After seeing the preview of it on the 1988 NOT OF THIS EARTH DVD, I'm curious about it now.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
so wish they were putting out "To Sleep With a Vampire" just so I can see my brother in the strip club scene.

will Shout! be cutting back to one double feature release a month or will they still be in a semi-connected tandem?

walter o

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by flagbrothers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kudos for TNT Jackson and Savage!. Now if we can get more BLAX[COLOR= #006400]PLOIT[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]ATION[/COLOR] grindhouse films.

Velvet Smooth

The Black Six

The Black Gestapo [COLOR= #ff0000](Quentin Tarantino favorite)[/COLOR]

Disco 9000

Lady Coco

Change of Minds

If He Holler's Let Him Go

Bamboo Gods and Iron Men

The Big Score

Adios Amigo

No Way Back

Mr. Mean

Black Frankenstien

Solomon King

BIG SCORE was (or still is) out on DVD

BLACK FRANKENSTEIN? You mean BLACKENSTEIN?

BLACK GESTAPO is already out on several budget labels,

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I absolutely love SHOUT! FACTORY.

Though I doubt it will happen, is there any way to get the rights to put out WILLARD (1971) and BEN (1972)?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Both were done by Bing Crosby's company. They've been putting out their own releases of his Bing's TV work- just got the boxset of his Christmas specials. So they might be wanting to put out the double feature at some point.

Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
I absolutey love SHOUT! FACTORY.

Though I doubt it will happen, is there any way to get the rights to put out WILLARD (1971) and BEN (1972)?

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Regarding WILLARD and BEN:

Last I heard Paramount owned the DVD rights to the BCP feature films - except for THE GREAT SANTINI, which is with Warners.

cliff mac

Insider
We'd love to put them out.

Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
I absolutely love SHOUT! FACTORY.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Cliff, any chance of licensing some of the American International Pictures cult titles from Fox/MGM before they get released by them as barebones MOD discs?

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Cliff, would this mean you could possibly pursue it, go to the owners and see if you could make a deal?

And though this is icing on the cake, stars Ernest Borgnine and Bruce Davison are still around, for extras.

cliff mac

Insider
I think MGM is going through a lot right now. Maybe when it all settles down.

Originally Posted by AlanBrom
Cliff, any chance of licensing some of the American International Pictures cult titles from Fox/MGM before they get released by them as barebones MOD discs?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm assuming everyone is aware now of the special features on the January releases? I'll reproduce them here, for good measure:

[COLOR= #b22222][SIZE= 16px]UP FROM THE DEPTHS/DEMON OF PARADISE (Double Feature):[/COLOR][/SIZE]

UP FROM THE DEPTHS

• New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.78:1)

• TV and Radio Spots

• Theatrical Trailer
DEMON OF PARADISE

• New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.78:1)

• Theatrical Trailer

[COLOR= #b22222][SIZE= 16px]SCI-FI CLASSICS (Triple Feature):[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• A SALUTE TO ROGER CORMAN - featuring new interviews with Roger Corman, Peter Fonda, Peter Bogdanovich, Joe Dante and many more.

• Audio Commentaries on ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS and NOT OF THIS EARTH (1957) with Tom Weaver,John Brunas and Mike Brunas, authors of Universal Horrors.

• THE ROGER CORMAN TRAILER COLLECTION features over 25 trailers produced and directed by Roger Corman.

• All-new interview with Roger Corman looking back at all three films.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Fox still controls the MGM video library, and has been pretty active with it. I wish they would have licensed stuff like ROLLING THUNDER and FUTUREWORLD to you so we could have gotten special editions instead of barbones releases, which is what we are getting this year.

cliff mac

Insider
Fox doesn't control it, they distribute it. Any licensing of titles would be done by MGM, not Fox.

cliff mac said:
Fox still controls the MGM video library, and has been pretty active with it. I wish they would have licensed stuff like ROLLING THUNDER and FUTUREWORLD to you so we could have gotten special editions instead of barbones releases, which is what we are getting this year.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mr Mac any hope of The TIme Tunnel TV Movies which Fox shows from time to time on their movie channel ? Yes a bad pun. Has Shout decided not to pursue any more Peyton Place since the sales were so bad? I thankyou for any info you can give on the Peyton Place series. Thankyou very much Sir and have a great Thanksgiving.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I learned via AV Maniacs, for all you lovers of those Women In Prison flicks, Shout will be releasing THE BIG DOLL HOUSE and THE BIG BIRD CAGE. They have been added to the opening post's schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks